Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Broken Asus Transformer Screen.. Help needed desperately..

So I went an bought a brand new Red Asus in September and for two months I had no issues at all with my tablet and I absolutely loved it to bits.. In November, my tablet got damaged to the point of not being able to use it because the screen underneath the outside screen had been cracked so much so that the entire thing was distorted out. It still turned on and I could see the graphics moving like they always had and everything except I couldnt see anything because it wasn't clear anymore.

So a week ago I tried to contact Asus about this issue and what they could do to help me fix the thing, but the person I was connected to said that their system or part of their system was broken and that I should try to contact them again another time. This was fine.. the wait time didnt seem to bad so I didnt mind.

Fast forward to today, I went to the live chat part of the Asus north american support bit and after waiting patiently over the course of THREE hours I was finally connected to someone. I told him what had happened and he then proceeded to ask me for my serial number. I told him that I wasnt able to see the screen to get the number. So then he asked me to look at my box the tablet came in and I could find it that way. Seeing as I have moved in the past few months I tossed the box because it wasnt something I thought I needed. I told him I had no box.. I also told him that I know this couldnt possibly be a rare thing that when someone has a broken screen that they then have no way to get their serial number.. and I'm almost certain I cant be the only person to tosses boxes away. He then told me that this is a COMMON issue that asus customers seem to have. Which made me wonder why then havent they came up with some outside PC/MAC program (like Itunes for the Ipods, etc) that can give people the information from their asus in case something like this happens. Or etch the bloody number into the back of the tablet itself. Anyways, after about 30 minutes of running around in circles with this guy, and going to get my receipt after he told me the number could be on there.. it wasnt of course.. I left the chat.

I come to this forum asking.. and pleading for any kind of help.. Is there a way for me to somehow find my serial number on my machine to get this thing fixed? Is there some program I can use to find it? Can I pop the back off of my Transformer to find the number? I am so desperate to find it and send it in to them. I'm pretty upset that if I cannot find it that I spent 350 dollars for something I was only able to use for 2 months.

Any help about this would be so incredibly appreciated. Thanks again.

~R

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Use a microHDMI to HDMI cable with your tv. It should output the screen to the TV and the touch input should work just fine on the tablet screen.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    where do i get one of those?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    The serial number is normally on the outside of the tablet, in the form of a sticker next to the 40 pin port and will be similar to the form 'S/N: B70.......' (although yours will start with something other than B70) - not that it's going to help you much anyway, as they won't repair the screen under warranty.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    ASUS Service | North America

You might be able to install screen cast, and access you desktop from another device
    androidscreencast - Desktop app to control an android device remotely - Google Project Hosting

When I buy anything expensive, I scan the receipt, make a note of the serial numbers and store them somewhere safe, like gdrive/skydrive.

If you can afford $350 dollars, then why didn't you insure the thing. In the UK, my gadget insurance all risks, is about 10 ($16 / month)

repairs.
    Do you have computer fairs - there is often some asian guy who is a real whiz at fixing screens?
    British Computer Fairs | BCF Gadget & Tech Fairs
    Northern Computer Markets

They sometimes have them at maker fares
    Maker Faire

or even Defcon
    https://www.defcon.org/

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    You can get a microHDMI to HDMI cord at any electronics store like best buy etc.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times

Re: Broken Asus Transformer Screen.. Help needed desperately..

Not targeted at you specifically but I am surprised daily at the number of people who don't record and document serial numbers. How do you folks manage home inventories for theft reports / insurance and tax purposes without recording serial numbers. How do you prove ownership of devices. How do you identify your stuff?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links