Thread: TF300T - can't download any new apps or restore old ones

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times

TF300T - can't download any new apps or restore old ones

As a newbie on this forum I'm hoping to get some expert advice on a problem I'm sure others have been able to resolve somehow...
    I have already tried several times to use all the different suggestions offered from threads where this has seemingly been an issue for others,
    but my tablet is just not co-operating...my OS is 4.1.1 -

I can access Google play, but no matter what I select, nothing will download to my tablet. I started this process by performing
    a single factory reset when the problem first started - I allowed the reset to remove all my data - and thought that would get
    the play store to work correctly again... since then, I've done more than 3 or 4 factory resets (3 times each as recommended)
    then immediately tried the cold boot several times, cleared the cache and data from Google play and the download manager with no luck.

After all this rebooting and selecting NOT to auto re-install apps, while my tablet seems to be clean, as soon as I log on to try to
    re-install anything, it says apps will be downloaded and installed, but all I get is a spinning arrow indicating the process is on-going...
    this continues for literally hours at a time with nothing being downloaded at all.

When I log on to the Play store on my PC, I can see on my account that the apps I've selected are listed as "downloaded" to my
    tablet in my account, but they don't show up... so at least my google account sees I've tried to download something...

I'm at a loss as to what to do now to get the tablet to accept app downloads...

Is there another way to flush everything out of my tablet or another work around that anyone has found to be successful?

I now have NO apps on my tablet - other than the standard apps, and no way to get any I previously had or add new ones...This is beyond frustrating...
    Any advice or a point in the right direction is much appreciated...
    Thanks in advance,
    D

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

At least with no apps it should be running great. j/k

It may be getting stuck trying to decide what app to install first. Go to the store app on your TF and tap the 3 little squares upper right. In settings uncheck auto update apps. Then to a hard reset, no data loss following the instructions in the link below.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

At least with no apps it should be running great. j/k

It may be getting stuck trying to decide what app to install first. Go to the store app on your TF and tap the 3 little squares upper right. In settings uncheck auto update apps. Then to a hard reset, no data loss following the instructions in the link below.
    Thanks, leeshor! LOL! You're right - It is lightening fast with no apps !

I have already made sure that the "existing" apps i had previously downloaded were'nt auto updating mode, but you make a good point... it always lets me know that I have X number of apps that are update eligible - i just ignored that knowing they were set on no auto update and i could do that manually .... BUT - maybe the OS is confused b/c they aren't actually on the TF and is stuck looking for them know they are eligible ???

I will do another hard reset (that means holding down the vol down and start button, right?) I've done this at least 8 times, but maybe something will finally click.
    in the meantime, i'll comb thru your links and see if i can find something additional -

BTW - another friend suggested trying Clockwork Recovery - i have never used a bootloader program like this - it makes me a little nervous that something else bad could go wrong...would you recommend giving this a try??

thanks!
    D

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    For something like this I would not recommend clockwork recovery. That is more for doing stuff like custom Android versions, custom Kernels and such and can lead to bad things if not respected. I would say try this before doing much else.

go to settings>apps>all and find the "Google Play Store". Tap on it, then press "Force Stop" then "Clear Data" then "Uninstall Updates". Go back to your home screen and launch the play store, it should update itself then try downloading one app at a time for a couple of apps and see if it responds well.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    For something like this I would not recommend clockwork recovery. That is more for doing stuff like custom Android versions, custom Kernels and such and can lead to bad things if not respected. I would say try this before doing much else.

go to settings>apps>all and find the "Google Play Store". Tap on it, then press "Force Stop" then "Clear Data" then "Uninstall Updates". Go back to your home screen and launch the play store, it should update itself then try downloading one app at a time for a couple of apps and see if it responds well.
    thanks for the reply bfmetcalf - tried your suggestion, twice, still no change -can't download or update anything. the play store app just goes right back to telling me i have 12 apps that need update - but none of those apps are present on the TF - just before that, I tried selecting a new app to download, but that was still spinning, trying to download with absolutely no result for over 2 hours... what in the world is blocking these programs from getting thru? Is there another service app i can check ?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm SO frustrated I'm ready to throw this thing out the window!!! I don't know how many more times I can clear cache, force stop, clear data and reset/reboot with nothing changing... Im just not getting anything to change :/
    D

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    I'm going to say do another factory data reset. When it reboots you should be prompted to set the tablet up again, if you are not, that means it didn't work properly so try it again.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    ok - thank you - i am still trying - even created a new google user account in case my normal acct was somehow corrupted - same result

question... how is wipe data different from factory reset? I've done both - could that have caused a problem??

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Here is the troubleshooting link for downloading -- have you followed the clear data, force stop for the download manager?

Troubleshooting Download Issues - Google Play Help
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Here is the troubleshooting link for downloading -- have you followed the clear data, force stop for the download manager?

Troubleshooting Download Issues - Google Play Help
    Hi, Swipe - yes, i believe i have done that, too. thanks for the troubleshooting link - i'm going to search thru that now .... after another factory reset - i just went to the play store to try to update Gmail, one of the know apps indicating an update which IS actually loaded on the TF - so far it's been trying to update for 25 min... no progress noted but i'm going to continue to let it run a little longer.
    Thanks for your help with the link!
    D
    Swipe likes this.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I have one other fairly easy suggestion. Go to the Store with the credentials that see your TF. Pick an app you want and tell it to install. It will push rather than pull it. Report back.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links