Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Problems

Hey Guys,

my TF300 is acting up.

1)I charge it to full one day, use it for a couple hours, leave it sitting idle for a day or two. When i come back to it, its completely off. It seems to have suddenly lost all battery life. My battery stats tell me it was at 70% after 2~ days and it dropped to 0%. My tablet was completely discharged, wouldn't turn on unless i plugged it in for 5 minutes.

2) Similar to my first problem. Sometimes when it sits idle(screen off) for a while, I pick it up, it would be turned off. I have to turn it on again, but sometimes, there still battery life left(where i left it (- few %)).

I contacted Asus suppport, replied to email about my power brick, i tried another one, and it did the same two problems mentioned above.

I am about to RMA this before it leads more problems when its out of warranty.

Software issue or hardware? I can't do a software reset yet as I'm working on a development project and i need the tablet/information saved on it.

Thanks in advance.

-J
    Last edited by baingar; 12-04-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I'm pretty certain the problem is not hardware. You may have some apps acting up. I had that same thing happen about a year ago and solved ir by uninstalling a couple apps. Those apps are no longer a problem due to subsequent updates so it won't help to tell which ones, (as if I could remember). But the battery issue may or may not be connected. Active wallpaper, mail apps frequently checking mail, active widgets like weather widgets can all be suspect.

Start with installing Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON) from the Google Store. Don't change the settings, just let it do it's thing. It basically cuts the drain of the WiFi when sleeping. See how far you get with that before going to the next step.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Leeshor is on the money when he mentions apps may well cause this sort of thing - however, just to add that I have read reports here about folks seeing sudden battery drain & irregular battery reporting/ behaviour, so just a word of caution that there might be a hardware issue - but the acid test will be to finish or back up your project, do a Factory Reset & see if the problem persists.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Might actually be my problem. I mess around with this stuff too much. Will try a reset to stock after my project.

Thanks for quick reply guys

-J

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Didn't want to make a new thread. But i've noticed that my powerbutton/standby button is very stiff ever since i got it ( not button feedback like the two volume buttons). I played around with the display model at bestbuy, and it seems to have a bit of a feedback to it. Possible RMA?

- i have push firmly in order to wake up the tablet. not very hard though
    Last edited by baingar; 12-06-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Possible RMA, but then again there may not be anything really wrong with it. You do have 1 year to RMA.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't really want to start a new thread, not sure if I have a problem so I'll ask here: my keyboard dock shows the battery at 0% and the tablet at 46%, isn't the tablet supposed to charge the dock after the tablet discharges to a certain percentage?
    Last edited by meson; 12-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    There isn't anything wrong with it ( if the battery problem is actually a software issue after doing a factory reset) . But the button always annoyed me since it takes so much effort just to unlock the device.

I will most likely stick with it for now and see how it goes. I always thought it suppose to be a bit stiff so you don't accidentally press it but i went to BestBuy to get a gift and noticed a difference.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    35 times
    @baingar
    I learned the other day that any key (lol) on the dock wakes the tablet but only the lock key will put it to sleep.

@meson
    You're thinking the wrong way round. It's the dock that charges the tablet up to 90% when it's battery power drops below 70%. It will keep on doing this till it runs out of juice and then the tablet will supply the power needed to operate the dock but won't charge the dock.
    leeshor likes this.
    A mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, seeing what you guys wrote gives me hope. My girlfriend got the TF300T and has a strange issue.

She is able to charge her tablet as is normal. She even is able to charge the tablet via connecting it to the dock and connecting the dock to power supply.
    But in every case the dock doesn't get charged up.
    When connecting the dock to power without the tablet attached, the control lamp is on(orange, not green) but even after a night of "loading" the dock didn't charge up.

So can you help? Is this a hardware problem or could it be software? Or are there settings that have to be altered?

Thanks, Taires

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links