Thread: Wi-Fi Issue

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times

Wi-Fi Issue

I have been using my tablet on my college campus, with our campus wireless, without a problem. I took it to the gym today, a place I've never used it thought I've used the Wi-Fi with my iPhone countless times without issue.

I saw both networks that normally appear on my list, College_Wireless and Guest_Wireless. Pretty straightforward. I thought it was strange that it did not connect to College_Wireless immediately, so I hit connect. It immediately goes from showing a strong signal to almost none and says "connecting..." for several minutes. Eventually, it would again show strong signal and switch from saying "connecting..." to "Saved, Secured by 801.x." I would hit connect again and it would do nothing, just say "Saved, Secured by 801.x." Usually another prompt would get me into the same loop where it would immediately drop to low signal and do as described before.

I assumed that there was one router rather far away and one rather nearby and it was getting confused by trying to connect to both. I'm not sure.

So I acquired the password to Guest_Wireless and went through an extremely similar process. Instead, it would just say "connecting..." while showing various strengths of signal and it would not stop trying to connect unless I prompted it to do so.

I also powered the tablet off and on a couple times just to see if that would help. I'm now back in my room and connected to College_Wireless as normal. I checked and saw that I also could connect to Guest_Wireless from this room.

My iPhone had no problem connecting to either network. Is there anything I can try to deal with this? It doesn't seem like something that a simple setting would fix, but I'm bewildered as to why it doesn't work. This is my first Android product and its incredibly frustrating to me, because I never had issues like this with my iPhone/MacBook/etc. I'm a bit new to the non-Apple stuff. I have overall enjoyed my experience with Android with increased flexibility, customizability, etc. but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Thanks for reading all that.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    The best help I can offer you is this thread - hopefully it will give you some pointers.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...onnection.html

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links