Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Successful DIY TF300 Screen Replacement

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a cracked digitizer that was dropped from a bag. No input would work at all but the LCD screen seemed fine. Not looking deep into the digitizers, I ordered a replacement, 69.10121.G01 model. When connecting it no input would work on the screen, like when it was cracked. I know there are supposedly three different digitizers for the tablet. My question is, would the wrong digitizer still work with some input but show ghost touches and such or not work at all, like mine. Unfortunately I don't have the original ribbon anymore to look at.

I'm not sure if something is not working or I just have the wrong model digitizer and need to get the right one? Also, bought it around christmas, if that matters. Any serial numbers to go of off?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    ok, update.

When I replaced the lcd screen, I left the old bezel in there and put the new screen in (tight fit). However it became apparent that I would have to remove this. I started to use a hair dryer to heat up the double sided tape that holds the old bezel to the glass, but I panicked that the heat would damage the digitizer, so I pryed it off instead (BIG mistake). I ended up cracking the glass, .

I now have it back together fitting nicely, however, the top half of my screen is not responding ( I cracked the bottom right corner). I have removed and put back the connecting ribbon several times with no luck.

Anyone got any idea's on how to fix this? I really don't want to buy a digitizer as well. But if I have to, then I have to.

Cheers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the G01 or G03 will work as a replacement for the "5158n fpc-1" version?

Reido

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    there is a dik on ebay selling the digitizer board but he won't ship international to me in Australia.. If anyone else want one try him.. He rude knob though

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a shattered screen on my TF300T from a short drop. After reading through this thread I decided to try to have someone else fix it. I couldn't find anyone local that would repair it. I found a place in San Diego and one in Kansas but both were too busy to answer a phone call or email. I found that ZTransformer has a shop in California. I paid on ebay (Asus EeePad Transformer TF300T Broken Cracked Glass Screen Digitizer Repair | eBay) then sent the tablet and had it back in a week. It was a good repair job.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reido View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the G01 or G03 will work as a replacement for the "5158n fpc-1" version?

Reido

I installed a new G01 on my TF300T which had a cracked 5158N FPC-1. It didn't work for me. The screen is not responsive at all. I am sure the installation was correct.

Now the questions is, does ASUS make different controller board for different versions of glass or is it all in the kernel software?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    -
    Hi ! TF Forum. Thank you !

I just replaced the broken LCD screen on our ASUS 300T - ( ASUS 300T-1K164a ) with the help of the above tips from Wimoritz. (The touch scrren was OK)

And the excellent video shown in the pages before. ---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_JRLd7lPv8---

I ordered the screen from the place that Wimoritz indicated page 1 of this thread. It arrived in a reasonable time ( Two weeks ) through non-express shipping.

I did not have to cut the 4 little plastic side attach "ears" visible on the vendor site picture because the sides were bare like mine and the one on the video.

I had a scare because at the base of the new screen there were'nt 4 flat film folds like mine but only two; placed differently. And the three metal "pinches" (clamp like) from the frame wound up just across from the thin films with the risk of hurting it where they "pinch". ( Sorry if my description is fuzzy... )

The solution for me was to cut the little rims of the clamps with a small pair of excellent cutting pliers. There was no more "pinch" but it did not matter

The action was also made absolutly necessary because to make things worse, the new sceen was a tiny bit thicker ( about half a millimeter ) than the original one .
    -------------------

Note : During a little time after finishing the whole job, there was some erratic reaction of the touch screen described by some people after servicing, but it faded and stopped .

Thanks to eveyone and I hope it helps

Jacques.

Paris France
    Last edited by Dubion; 02-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    eejit likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hating these things, have spent literally days and way too much money trying to fix. If your digitiser serial number is not G01 or G03 DO NOT BUY IT. I guarantee it will not work even if you buy matching control boards. I have a G01 and G03 digitiser and three control boards all different part numbers. Still no combination works!! You must ONLY buy the digitiser that matches your serial number of the broken one. In my case I need to find a FPC-1 digitiser.
    If anyone does have this working using a G01 or G03 digitiser please can you tell me your serial of broken digitiser. This is not as straight forward as it seems.
    Please correct me if im wrong but pretty sure I have exhausted all options.
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-12-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: forum guideline

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times

Re: [GUIDE] Successful DIY TF300 Screen Replacement

Rob777

Where in Aus are you?
    I am in Brisbane, have also got a broken TF300, so am really interested in getting them going again.
    I have already transplanted a digitizer and screen complete from one unit to another.
    But both obviously were the same.
    Has anyone looked into the sd card/digitizer pcb closely to see if there is a matrix that needs changed for each touchscreen?
    Or alternatively find some one that has successfully changed digitizers of another type to match up the sd card/digitizer pcb to the required touchscreen
    Logic states that there is only a limited possibility of permutations.
    It all depends how much time we have.

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

LCD Screen or Digitizer Replacement?

Hello - My TF300T recently acquired a crack in the LCD screen. Since the crack has appeared, touching the screen does not work. I am willing to try a DIY replacement, but I am unsure if I need to replace the digitizer along with the cracked LCD screen. Is there a way to tell if the digitizer is damaged before I begin taking everything apart? Does the fact that the touch-screen capabilities don't work mean the digitizer also needs to be replaced?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Ads