Thread: [GUIDE] Successful DIY TF300 Screen Replacement

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    @Ztransformer
    Seconding Nath180's cry for help, can you point us to a source of those daughterboards, new or used. How about your own stock?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Regarding digitizers not working. While I am sure a many these problems are caused by a "new bad digitizer" or a "bad daughter board" my experience was that after I replaced the LCD and first tried to use my TF300T the digitizer did not work. I went back in and very carefully and thoroughly removed and then reinserted the ribbon cables from the digitizer to the daughter board. I very carefully and gently "rocked" the connectors back and forth as I reinserted them (helps clean the contacts and makes for complete insertion) making sure they were inserted completely. Much to my relief after I did this the digitizer worked! These connectors are a b*itch and it is worth spending time making sure they are not the problem before moving onto harder and more expensive possible solution.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I hear you.
    You can email me and I can try to help.

Before jumping to the daughterboard (must be pulled from another machine!) as the culprit,
    email me and possibly I can help.

Best Z
    Last edited by ztransformer; 12-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Tried this with no success.

Are there any pins we can short on the daughter board to simulate signal from the digitiser? Are there any known ways of checking the digitiser to see if its DOA?

Short of doing this, it looks like my tablet will be permanently fixed to the keyboard to use the mouse as a cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by levimax View Post
    Regarding digitizers not working. While I am sure a many these problems are caused by a "new bad digitizer" or a "bad daughter board" my experience was that after I replaced the LCD and first tried to use my TF300T the digitizer did not work. I went back in and very carefully and thoroughly removed and then reinserted the ribbon cables from the digitizer to the daughter board. I very carefully and gently "rocked" the connectors back and forth as I reinserted them (helps clean the contacts and makes for complete insertion) making sure they were inserted completely. Much to my relief after I did this the digitizer worked! These connectors are a b*itch and it is worth spending time making sure they are not the problem before moving onto harder and more expensive possible solution.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    Hi Guys,

I just reealized, that there's obviously more people interested in this thread than I initially thought. Allthough most of the things have already been said here (Thanks for the pics!), I'd like to post some final thoughts from my side.

As it seems these digitizers are really pain in the back to replace, luckily I only had to replace the LCD, which seems to work quite well in comparison. Maybe one should send the guyss from asus some angry mails concerning their crappy product design...

I also had problems to bring the digitizer back to life. First, as mentioned above, one needs a lions heart in order to remove the ribbon cable (give it a really good pull!) and second it is not trivial to bring it back into the original position. A forecep might be really helpfull here, also again, some stupidity and luck. The cable has to go relly deep into the connector, and at the beginning I didn't insert it deep enough, so nothing worked. Then I inserted deeper, and I got a lot of "ghost hands" crazily dabbing on the screen (right corner). Finally (being totally freaked out) I managed to push the cable even deeper into the socket et voila: it worked all of a sudden!

So if you only need to replace the LCD I suggest to even not separate this connection and open the transformer like a book, which should be sufficient to replace the screen.

If you need to replace the digitizer, then I would either buy a combo of digitizier and LCD already glued together, or try the trick with the hair dryer (but maybe remove the actual LCD screen before doing so).

I wish you all the best with your projects and good luck with this stupid little cable.

Best,

wimoritz
    pedroren likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I wish I could say it is the ribbon cable. Ive tried it in numerous positions from right in to almost out, but still no response on screen, not even any 'ghost hands'.

My old man is a tv technician and replaces even finer ribbon cables and boards on a daily basis, and this has him intrigued.

We fitted the digitiser quite easily to the old LCD, hair dryer and gradual steps did the job.

I'm very interested to try and find a daughterboard in Australia to see if it is my digitiser or the board.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    I still haven't gotten mine working, but I'm going to take it apart again and give it another shot.

Somehow I managed to round one of the long screws that attach the daughterboard; I guess I tried to tighten it a little too much At the time I was a little frustrated and just wanted the damn thing to work. Take your time and give yourself a timeout if you're getting frustrated.

I came across this video that I would've found useful when I started
    Shogoot likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times

Re: [GUIDE] Successful DIY TF300 Screen Replacement

Nath180,

Are you in Brisbane by any chance?

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac_au View Post
    Nath180,

Are you in Brisbane by any chance?

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Canberra mate..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boywiththe View Post
    I still haven't gotten mine working, but I'm going to take it apart again and give it another shot.

Somehow I managed to round one of the long screws that attach the daughterboard; I guess I tried to tighten it a little too much At the time I was a little frustrated and just wanted the damn thing to work. Take your time and give yourself a timeout if you're getting frustrated.

I came across this video that I would've found useful when I started

After seeing this video and reading this "full of win" thread im going to take the en devour to replace my broken digitizer.

One question though. What glue do you guys use (if any) to glue the digitizer back on that outer frame?

Ordering the parts as i write
    Last edited by Shogoot; 12-31-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads