Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eejit

Thread: Broken screen, tablets acting up..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Broken screen, tablets acting up..

My wife dropped my TF300 the other day. The screen is cracked, when I connect the tablet to the dock i can still get on the internet and play games..but the touch is broken. It also likes to freeze up ever since the drop. . (I know you guys cannot tell me if the internals are bad). But if the screen is cracked could this cause the malfunctions? or does that sound more internal?

Also any advice for getting it fixed? (I purchase my tablet off of a Ebay vendor 7 months ago). Thanks guys.

S1130005.jpgS1130006.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 10-24-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1053 times
    Welcome Neublet, sorry to see that mess. ..unfortunately there's no way to know if the drop bung'd something up or if it's just the screen causing the erratic behaviour. There are other instances may give you a bit more info.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I looked on youtube for some diy videos on how to replace the screen. attempting to fix it. does anyone know if theres a video of someone changing a screen on the tf300?
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 10-24-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1060 times
    Can you hook it up via HDMI cable to a TV? If so you can use the TV to help check the functions of the tablet. Go to settings>developer options>show touches and enable this. When you look at the TV you can then see where you are touching the tablet. I'd fire up as many apps, games etc. and see how they are running. Do a search for "TF300 screen repair, or replacement " -- there may be a few videos on YouTube.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Can you hook it up via HDMI cable to a TV? If so you can use the TV to help check the functions of the tablet. Go to settings>developer options>show touches and enable this. When you look at the TV you can then see where you are touching the tablet. I'd fire up as many apps, games etc. and see how they are running. Do a search for "TF300 screen repair, or replacement " -- there may be a few videos on YouTube.
    Well I did connect it to the tv and I could see where the mouse pointer was touching. But whenever I touched the screen nothing happened (does that mean the digitizer is defective?).

I have been contacting tablet repair shops and they have told me that the cost to fix it is $200, $45-$65 of this is labor. So given this information am I asking to much money? I mean gamestop told me they'd give me $80 for a like new condition tablet (what a joke). Most of these mom and pop shops don't even buy Asus. I was going to put this tablet on Ebay but I have never sold on ebay and I have heard some bad things about selling on ebay (like if someone isn't happy all they have to do is file a claim and yada yada yada..they put a hold on my money).

Again is $150 to much to ask for this tablet with original boxes, cables, manuals, plastic wrap, and dock? Anyone know where I could sell this thing if I don't fix it? Thanks for all of your help.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1053 times
    I don't know about pricing & there is no buying/selling on this forum.
    If you go ebay/craigslist/kijiji you shouldn't have a problem if you list the item "AS IS" & "no refunds/partial or full" and/or "for parts only"...and include as many pics as possible. I've unloaded broken amps/guitars with no issues at all--one mans garbage is another man's bride.
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    I don't know about pricing & there is no buying/selling on this forum.
    If you go ebay/craigslist/kijiji you shouldn't have a problem if you list the item "AS IS" & "no refunds/partial or full" and/or "for parts only"...and include as many pics as possible. I've unloaded broken amps/guitars with no issues at all--one mans garbage is another man's bride.
    I had never heard of kijiji before today lol (kind of like ebays craigslist?) I have posted this tablet on craigslist with not much luck. Anyways If all else fails I'll post on EBay, and just try to be as descriptive as I can be. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neublet View Post
    I had never heard of kijiji before today lol (kind of like ebays craigslist?) I have posted this tablet on craigslist with not much luck. Anyways If all else fails I'll post on EBay, and just try to be as descriptive as I can be. Thanks.
    You could just take a chance and put it up for bid on ebay, you'd probably have more of a chance of selling it, although perhaps not for what you wanted!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Ads