Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

TF300T Asus e-mail notification not working after Android jelly bean 4.1.1 update

As the title says, after updating the OS to android jelly bean 4.1.1, the stock Asus e-mail app does not notify me about new e-mail messages.
    If there is new e-mail and I open the app, tap the refresh button, then tap the Android home button before the refresh is finished, I do get the new e-mail notification when the refresh finishes.
    This makes me think the app stopped automatically checking for e-mails on this new android version. Does it have something to do with the MessageFetchService service?

I have rebooted the tablet several times, with and without previously clearing the cache and/or settings for the e-mail app.
    It didn't help.

How can I fix this?
    Is there an update or something for the e-mail app?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    9 times

Re: TF300T Asus e-mail notification not working after Android jelly bean 4.1.1 update

I fixed mine under the email application settings. I use Gmail, so it was under the account settings for notifications, behind the three dots in the top right corner.
    Hope this helps... It worked on mine.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not sure I understood what you said, but, if you are talking about the email notifications checkbox, I have that checked.
    It was checked before the jelly bean update and it remained checked after the update, but notifications still didn't work.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Have you checked your sync settings?

settings>Accounts & sync - check that your email is not "grayed-out" and has a green indicator, meaning it's synched.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    As far as I know and from what info I could find, sync has nothing to do with my problem. It is about synchronizing actions between devices (read, unread, flag, mark as, delete, etc). Also see here: https://support.google.com/mail/bin/...n&answer=77657

Anyway, to strictly reply to your advice, my problem still persists even with sync enabled.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Resurrecting this thread:

I am having similar problems with my TF700: I used to have my email notifications show up on the main screen: no longer now!
    I have Android 4.1.1 installed.

When I check the email sync in accounts/sync .... going to Gmail ... shows it "greyed out" and the small icon with two circular arrows is also greyed out; it used to be green, therefore showing that it was actively syncing.

I have tried several times to reboot, to no avail.
    I have to do it manually each time .... a real pain!

So, what is the definite solution?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Try Settings>Apps>All Scroll to Gmail and tap clear cache, clear data force stop reboot and see if that helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TF700 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread:

I am having similar problems with my TF700: I used to have my email notifications show up on the main screen: no longer now!
    I have Android 4.1.1 installed.

When I check the email sync in accounts/sync .... going to Gmail ... shows it "greyed out" and the small icon with two circular arrows is also greyed out; it used to be green, therefore showing that it was actively syncing.

I have tried several times to reboot, to no avail.
    I have to do it manually each time .... a real pain!

So, what is the definite solution?

Thanks!
    I will try that as soon as I get home for lunch ...
    Not trying to be pessimistic but I hope that this will work ....

Thanks again for the help ... will be back right here for sure to report back.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    It sounds to me like your sync services may be turned off somehow. Tap the notification area (clock in lower right) then tap the clock again to see the toggles. See if there is one for sync there.

Also, last time I checked the Asus Email widget only shows emails in the Email app, not the GMail app.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    It sounds to me like your sync services may be turned off somehow. Tap the notification area (clock in lower right) then tap the clock again to see the toggles. See if there is one for sync there.

Also, last time I checked the Asus Email widget only shows emails in the Email app, not the GMail app.
    I did that tap on the notification area/clock as suggested but when I tap again on that, it just disappears.

Got with ASUS on the phone: "known issue" with Google since the update to Android 4.1.1.
    We are supposed to wait and see what Google will do; seemingly a patch/fix will be carried out. ??

This is unbelievably maddening since it used to work fine before the update.

I am getting a little tired of Android to tell the truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links