Thread: TF300T Keyboard dock problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Hello, I'm new.

I have the exact same problem. The keyboard detects fine, the trackpad works and all plugins work--but I can't type. No buttons work, not even caps lock.

I ordered this off Newegg because they had a deal to get both tablet and TF300 in a package deal. I like the tablet itself.

I took it to Office depot and tried it out on another tablet--it worked just fine, albeit that one was on ICS and had android keyboard on. (this one auto updated to JellyBean). I don't see any physical damage to the brand new tablet and am hesitant to ship it back. Factory reset didn't work and cold boot gave me a red ! error and froze. Should I root it or look for another upgrade?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times
    This is in response to DoctorAnsem,

If there doesn't seem to be any physical damage but you are still having issues I would (assuming its still under warranty either through Newegg or Asus) send it back. I'm not sure why you are hesitant. As mentioned in these forums before, we bought this product with the understanding that it should work out of the box, little to no tweaking needed, if this is not the case it shouldn't be our (the consumer's) problem but one of either the retailer or the supplier.

In any case, if your TF300 is under warranty send it back. Either talk to Newegg to get a replacement or talk to Asus for an RMA. As soon as you Root it the warranty is up and it might not even fix your issue. Even if it does fix the issue, if another one arises in the future Asus (like many manufacturers) would probably be quick to blame the unofficial rooting as the cause and you would be required to pay.

In my opinion, I would only Root when I know for a fact that Asus or Newegg would not help me at all.

Rob
    eejit and Swipe like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1022 times
    ^^^^
    ...agree with Rob's good advice, no point in rooting it at all. If you have a loose cable or some other physical fault, a root isn't going to get you anywhere (with the exception of maybe more trouble).
    You tried a factory reset, that would've been my first-and probably last-suggestion as well, if that didn't do it...I think a return is in order.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    You guys are right. I'm just iffy on if it turns out that I ship it back, get a new one and encounter the same problem.

A mild update, but I recharged the tablet today, and this time, the trackpad works as normal but the buttons now all do the same command--pull up the zoom feature (this is in Polaris Office).

I'll send an RMA out, I just want to make totally sure I didn't screw up something when I got it (but the tablet always had this problem, though I tried to play with it as soon as it had enough charge).
    rspierenburg likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1022 times
    ...I don't know if you're hitting the button, but the 4th button from the left-top row, it toggles the track pad on and off.
    Wouldn't affect the rest of the keypad though, but that could be why you noticed a difference. Goodluck with the rma.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue, I sent mine in for an RMA repair, and it worked for a day. Now the keyboard has stopped working again, which likely means there is a bad connection in there somewhere. I love the tablet, but this dock seems like a waste of money if it isn't going to work properly; and it's not like I'm tossing the thing around, I only take it to class, in my backpack, in its own little padded laptop section.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I got the tablet back. Keyboard dock now works like a charm. Now I gotta find good apps (and hope it keeps working).
    eejit likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: TF300T Keyboard dock problem

I am having similar issues with my TF700 and dock. Sometimes the keyboard causes touch screen not to work and even locks up device until I unplug. other times it works fine. seems more like software issue since it works at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads