Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Micro SD card problem after Jelly Bean Update

Ladies and Gents-

I have searched these forums far and wide for an answer and have come across lots of useful information, but no answer to the issue I am currently dealing with.

I have a TF300 and it was updated to Android Jelly Bean back in August. But since then, one of my Micro SD Cards (the one that was mounted to the TF300 at the time of the update) has not been recognized by the tablet. Other Micro SD cards work fine, and the Micro SD card that doesn't work in the tablet works fine in my laptop and desktop. I have formatted the Micro SD card in question to NTSF and FAT32, but the tablet still does not even acknowledge that the card has been inserted.

I have also tried the cold reboot, but that was also no help. Even tried to format the card using a software program that formats Micro SDs specifically for tablets and phones, but all have come short.

Is this just a bad card? Or is there an answer to my problem not involving purchasing a new one?

Thanks!

POLR

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Experiencing the exact same thing here - TF300T updated to Jelly Bean with Micro SD inserted, now the tablet won't recognize the card no matter what I do (I tried all that POLR did). My desktop pc however has no problem detecting the Micro SD card.

Hope to see some explanation or better yet a solution to this problem.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    It is recommended that you unmount the cards/usb drives before doing updates as there is a possibility of corrupting the data on the drives/card. There are two icons in your notifications panel, the unmount icon has a red x. Unmount whenever you want to remove these external storage devices.

SD Tools app in the Play store might help, as well as H2testw [ Google search it] which you run on a PC - need usb card reader of course. Good luck.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm no techie, but in response to another question elsewhere about Micro SD cards, I checked mine (which is working post JB) and it uses the exFat file system, not Fat32 or NTFS. Don't know if that means anything?

Cheers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried everything that's been suggested but still, no result. I know that my Micro SD card (which is a Kingston 16GB Micro SD) is not damaged - my pc still detects it and H2testw says there's nothing wrong with the card. It is still very much usable. Just not on my TF300T.

And the Micro SD card port on my TF300T is also not damaged because I bought another Micro SD card (this time a Sandisk 16GB Micro SD) and my TF300T detects it, no problem.

Maybe I should add that when I updated to Jelly Bean, the update file was on the Kingston Micro SD. When my TF300T said it detected an update file on the Micro SD card, I proceeded to update straight away. Funny that when it's all done, my TF300T decided it didn't want to see that particular card ever again...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah same problem here. First My tf300 started rebooting every 15 minutes then then JB update come out to me yesterday and now it won't read my micro sd just like you explained..annoying. All i want is a tablet that doesn't have problems for under $400 I shouldn't have to pay laptop prices for that

Soundwave
    Member #
    this site should allow deletion of account
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    10 char n/m
    Last edited by postewar; 11-13-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: never returning

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey there just signed up today, bought my TF300 a couple days ago, was working amazing like...then all of a sudden decided it wasn't even gonna pay attention to the SD card it was reading just fine a day ago. I have done lots of app updates and a firmware update, worst part is the guy I called from asus had me reset to factory settings and lost ALL my stuff to include some free games I got when I purchased from gamestop. In short, noticed you had a similar issue...help
    -Jimmy

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    ok, so forked out 33 bucks for another SD card...it read immediately

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    98 times
    Reopening this thread. I got my TF300 last week. Also left a 32gb micro sd in the slot during JB update, and that card is no longer recognized in the micro sd slot. Works fine in the dock SD slot using an adapter, in the dock USB slot with a card reader and in my daughter's laptop. So far, any and all formatting, etc does not overcome this version of a Romulan Cloaking Device. Other micro sd cards work fine in the slot.

Has anyone overcome this glitch, or should I just give this particular card to my daughter for her tablet, where it works just fine?

P.S. Absolutely lovin' the TF300 w/dock.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links