Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Keyboard Dock probelms on a NEW TF300T

Hi all,

I bought a TF300T on 22nd August, and have had problems with it taking a while to register the keyboard as docked if I reconnect. Also, sometimes on power up it won't respond to the keyboard, nor respond to touch on the screen. In these instances I have had to hard-reset the tablet (power down for 10 seconds or so).

Last night, I tried to charge my tablet through the docking keyboard and it wouldn't charge. I disconnected the docking keyboard and plugged the charger into the tablet itself; all charging fine. I then reconnected the keyboard and the tablet turned itself off. I then couldn't get it to turn back on until I had disconnected the docking keyboard. Plugging the charger into the docking keyboard without it connected to the tablet wouldn't charge the battery on the keyboard (the light on the side doesn't come on). I'm not sure if you can charge the battery this way, so might not be a characteristic of something gone wrong. Also, I've noticed that on the back by the hinge mechanism the lower and upper panels on the dock have seperated slightly - almost as if there was something that wasn't done up properly.

Have any of you suffered similar problems? I've tried to have a look on the forums but no mention of anything that resembles my particular problems.

I'll try to start the process of getting it replaced/repaired on Friday this week as I'm away on business at the moment. Not great though on a brand-new peice of tech!

Cheers.

Ads

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adshale View Post
    Plugging the charger into the docking keyboard without it connected to the tablet wouldn't charge the battery on the keyboard (the light on the side doesn't come on). I'm not sure if you can charge the battery this way, so might not be a characteristic of something gone wrong.
    You certainly should be able to do this - I have charged my keyboard dock on its own on a number of occasions. Yes, when the power adapter is connected to that port, a light should come on (I think it is orange while it is charging and goes green when charging is complete).

Assuming that you have no such problems charging the tablet itself directly would tend to rule out the fact the other problem (with the keyboard not always being recognized) isn't related to the socket on the tablet.

On that basis I wouldn't waste any more time. Arrange to get your TF300T replaced and hopefully the replacement will alter your opinion of this device.

It just seems that you were unlucky - my brother and I both bought TF300Ts on the same day from the same source and haven't experienced any issues of this kind. But with any mass-produced tech there's going to be the occasional dud. Better to find it out now and only suffer the inconvenience of having to get it replaced than have it go wrong just after the warranty has expired.

-Phil.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links