Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Help for Possibly Bricked TF300

Hi,

I decided to try and root my TF300. I tried to downgrade the FW so that this could be done. Everything seemed to be going well until my tablet rebooted and now it sticks on the Epad splash screen and wont go any further. I have tried to push the stock firmware to it via fastboot but it keeps giving me an error (0x170003) and then fails.

I am tearing my hair out and hope that it's not bricked as I havent paid for the bloody thing yet!

I have managed to install CWM Recovery. How do I install a custom rom using CWM recovery? I presume that you can only install a custom rom via internal storage? If so how do I access that partition or send a custom rom to that directory?

Please help as I am worried that it might be bricked!

Chris

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm sure someone else will chime in with more information. I haven't rooted my tablet yet but I have installed MANY Custom ROMs on my phone (every step from Eclair to Jelly Bean).

Recent versions of CWM have an option in "Mounts and Storage" to "mount internal USB storage" that mount it as a drive on your PC and will allow you to copy a Custom ROM (or any other files that you need) to the internal storage.

I would guess if you can get to CWM you are NOT bricked.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Right. From recovery mode it's not possible to flash from external SD only internal SD. How do I mount and access the internal SD from recovery or do I have to send the rom to the internal SD via ADB?

I have installed the USB drivers from ASUS, installed fastboot/adb but how do I send a rom to the internal memory using adb?

If I don't manage to get this sorted it's £350.00 doing the drain and my wife will chop my nuts off!

This is what I followed as as far as I can see no one else has encountered the issue.

http://androidforums.com/transformer...rade-root.html

Any help would really be appreciated.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links