Thread: TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times

TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch

I bought my TF300T on June 8. It worked very well and there was not such a problem. After a month use, this problem appeared and occurs more than more frequently. I did a lot of test and finally found out this is a hardware glitch.

Pinch, press or knock on the left up corner around the power button area of the device, TF300 may reboot or show the "power off" prompt window. Somehow pinching, pressing or knocking on this area are interpreted to 4 seconds press and hold power button ("power off" prompt) or 8 seconds press and hold power button (reboot). This didn't happen when I just bought it, but this area is getting more than more sensitive. Maybe some components under this area deformed or wore out, so that unexpected electronic touching occurs.

I searched the Internet and found this problem is very very popular. Most people tried a lot on the software side but none of them could solve this problem.

I believe this is hardware design glitch. EVERY DEVICE WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM SOONER OR LATER. It is only 2 months since I bought this device, this is not acceptable.

If you have a cover or case on TF300, which may applies constant pressure on it. This problem will appear earlier.

I hope all TF300 owners can test this out to confirm what I found.

I urge Asus to recall this model, otherwise this problem will damage its reputation badly. Built quality was always Asus's strength. I am very disappointed.
    joe8877 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I don't believe it's as widespread as you believe, we have had very few if any reports of the behavior you describe here.

If you can you should return your 300 and get one that works properly.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I'd be the first to agree with you, OP, if I felt there was a design level issue here, but in this instance & based on my experience with the tf101 rebooting issue & reading posts here, I fully endorse MikeMs post. I haven't seen anything to suggest that this isn't a pretty isolated OS issue on a handful of tf300s.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I don't believe it's as widespread as you believe, we have had very few if any reports of the behavior you describe here.

If you can you should return your 300 and get one that works properly.

This is not a rare issue. If you check the thread "Poll Results: Does you TF300T Suffer from Random Reboots?", you will find 47% have such a problem.
    This problem doesn't now appear when the device is new, but it appears more than more frequently after longer time use. TF300 has only been on market for 3 months for now. More than more people will complain about this, we will see. This problem is very popular, so I said it is a design glitch.

Replacing a new one does NOT help too much, maybe just two months. I hope Asus can recall this model or provide a patch to disable the 8 seconds press and hold rebooting function.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Asus will not recall the tf300.

If you read through the reference material I assembled on the ICS reboots for the tf101, you will see there are a number of factors, but they are mainly around the way Asus implement Android.

Sadly, the Asus Tablet Division are starting to get a reputation for problematic low level OS issues.
    But if you want Android & a keyboard dock, they are still the front runners..

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Asus will not recall the tf300.

If you read through the reference material I assembled on the ICS reboots for the tf101, you will see there are a number of factors, but they are mainly around the way Asus implement Android.

Sadly, the Asus Tablet Division are starting to get a reputation for problematic low level OS issues.
    But if you want Android & a keyboard dock, they are still the front runners..
    Again, this is a hardware glitch. I can reproduce the problem constantly. And the people testing on software side got no conclusion even they did the hard reset. I think this issue is different from yours on tf101.

I was Asus' fan, but now...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jameshye View Post
    Again, this is a hardware glitch. I can reproduce the problem constantly. And the people testing on software side got no conclusion even they did the hard reset. I think this issue is different from yours on tf101.

I was Asus' fan, but now...
    If you can reproduce this as a hardware fault, then return your tf300 for repair or replacement or refund.
    The build quality of Asus' tablets has dipped, but they are fair at repairing or replacing.

(If it was a design fault, everyone would experience it - eg the tf201 GPS issue)
    MikeM likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my tablet for just over a month and about a week ago it started doing the reboot. If you touch the top left corner on the front it will ask if you want to shut down. Doesn't matter what you say it will reboot anyway. Sometimes it just reboots on its own. Very annoying and becoming more frequent.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goggybri View Post
    I've had my tablet for just over a month and about a week ago it started doing the reboot. If you touch the top left corner on the front it will ask if you want to shut down. Doesn't matter what you say it will reboot anyway. Sometimes it just reboots on its own. Very annoying and becoming more frequent.
    Return it to either your retailer or Asus. It shouldn't be doing that...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent my tablet in yesterday. Not a very happy camper after it cost me $60 to ship it. Why do I have to pay for the shipping when it is a defect in the product? It was $40 to ship and $20 to package it so it won't break as Asus clearly states that it is not their responsibility if it is broken. I would like to know what Asus responsibility is. I have contacted Asus about this matter and they are supposed to get back to me. Will definitely not buy from them again.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links