Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sync Outlook Contacts

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Or you can use MyPhoneExplorer. The best and its free. Install the client from the playstore and the server on the PC and away you go. Use Wi-Fi or USB
    Samsung Galaxy S stock, rooted with CWM
    Asus Transformer TF300TG stock, ROOTED and NO CWM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    totally confused- I have a asus Tf300t - I need to have my outlook calendar and contacts on the tablet - otherwise this is absolutely useless - give me my money back what a con

I have no problems whats so ever with my nokia and syncing with outlook

why is the asus so difficult

I tired to sync outlook with google a disater

I would prefer not to use google

I have connected the tablet and downloadedasus sync to my PC and run the sync but where do I find the data on the tablet.

HELP Help Help

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    It's got nothing to do with "Asus being difficult", it's to do with your level of understanding.

Android is a Google platform. Its standard mail, calendaring and contacts uses your Google data. By far the simplest way to work is to sync your Outlook data with your Google account. Do that first. I use Google calendar sync and GO Contact sync. Once those (or gSyncIt, or whatever you choose) are installed and configured, allow them to do their work.

Now, on your desktop machine, with a web browser, go to your Google account calendar and contacts and check that the data has synced - can you see the calendar entries and contacts that should have come across from Outlook? Don't go any further until that's working properly.

Now, on your tablet go into your app drawer and look for two apps, called "People" and "Calendar". These are the native Android appswhich allows you to access contacts and calendars without using a web browser. Open them up. Does "People" it contain all your Google contacts? Can you see calendar entries in "Calendar". If not, and you CAN see them in the browser from your PC, you have not enabled sync between your tablet and your Google calendar and contacts. Go into tablet settings, into Accounts and Sync, into the Google account you're using, and ensure it's set to sync calendar and contacts.

Once you get it's working, you then need do nothing special to keep in sync. Add a contact or a calendar entry in Outlook, and it will (after a short delay) appear on your tablet without further intervention. You can choose to use one as the master and just keep the other as a slave, or have two-way synchronisation such that you can add contacts or calendar entries anywhere and it'll get replicated.

Stop panicing, listen to what people are saying, and work through it logically. It really isn't hard.
    Last edited by moose; 08-21-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I started another thread but perhaps should read old ones more ;-)
    OK, sounds like Frederuco can help me. I have iphone with Pocket Informant that is currently synced with OUtlook 2007 on my laptop. So if I buy GoSyncit and install that, it will sync my phone, laptop, and now Infinity tablet all together?
    And then a related question: I guess most folks are worriied about their contacts/calendar etc now all up in google server somewhere, subject to their whims and security measures?
    Last edited by ncc1701d; 02-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701d View Post
    I started another thread but perhaps should read old ones more ;-)
    OK, sounds like Frederuco can help me. I have iphone with Pocket Informant that is currently synced with OUtlook 2007 on my laptop. So if I buy GoSyncit and install that, it will sync my phone, laptop, and now Infinity tablet all together?
    And then a related question: I guess most folks are worriied about their contacts/calendar etc now all up in google server somewhere, subject to their whims and security measures?
    I guess the biggest question is how are your iPhone and Outlook sync'd?

I have not used Pocket Informant on the iPhone. My iPhone connects to an Exchange 2010 server and that sync's with outlook. Then I use gSyncIt from Fieldston software to sync my outlook to Google. Then my other PC and my Android Tablet sync to Google.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I believe my iPhone sync to itunes then to outlook using PI. And its via USB direct connection not offer wifi

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701d View Post
    I guess most folks are worriied about their contacts/calendar etc now all up in google server somewhere, subject to their whims and security measures?
    Not bothered in the slightest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links