Thread: Constant TF300 Rebooting issue possible solution

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Constant TF300 Rebooting issue possible solution

Up until last week my TF300 would reboot on its own every 10 to 15 minutes. I counted over 70 different posts with this issue from several different web sites with no real solution. I tried resetting the pad back to factory settings like some posts suggested and that did not work, the problem came back. This led me to think this was an apps caused issue. I reduced the number of apps I have and turned off the auto update feature on the apps I kept. I did this last Friday and for 3 days now and 2 full battery charges later my tablet has yet to reboot on me without me telling it to. I don't know if this is a solution or not but I am hopeful.

Moderator's Note
    This issue has already been seen on the tf101 when it was updated to ICS. It was exhaustively discussed, diagnosed & helpful hints & suggestions have been compiled.

All tf300 users experiencing this are advised to firstly try the Factory Reset option listed here, following the quite specific advice in that thread... [HOW TO] Perform a Factory Reset

Additional hints, tips & explanations are also to be found here... ICS tf101 reboots - The definitive thread!

Janner43
    Last edited by janner43; 07-29-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KJCCHA View Post
    Up until last week my TF300 would reboot on its own every 10 to 15 minutes. I counted over 70 different posts with this issue from several different web sites with no real solution. I tried resetting the pad back to factory settings like some posts suggested and that did not work, the problem came back. This led me to think this was an apps caused issue. I reduced the number of apps I have and turned off the auto update feature on the apps I kept. I did this last Friday and for 3 days now and 2 full battery charges later my tablet has yet to reboot on me without me telling it to. I don't know if this is a solution or not but I am hopeful.
    You probably did that without even reading my link about why Transformers reboot and crash.

The reason it did it after the reset is because you checked the box when setting it up again to sync with Google, which put you right back where you started. Good work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello KJCCA and Leeshor,

I am new to this forum and have had my transformer TF300T for a month now with major rebooting problems. I've read all threads on this problems and have done the hard reset, wipe, but the annoying reboot problem persists.

I have unchecked sync with my mail accounts under settings - personal -accounts & sync (It now shows 'sync is off')

Apart from pre installed programs I have "cut the rope" "perfect viewer" and navfree installed on it...nothing else.

Pls suggest a solution to this annoying problem.

Thanks

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Oh dear. Not again

I wintered & summered this on the tf101. I would be amazed if the problems & solutions were not the same, so recommend reading this & its linked threads carefully...

ICS tf101 reboots - The definitive thread!

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    7 times

Why does my TF300T keep re-booting?

Over the last couple of weeks my tablet has started the annoying habit of re-booting. This mostly happens when I quickly turn off the device by pressing the power button for a split second. When I power-up again about an hour or so later the tablet either starts normally or goes through a re-boot cycle. This is a completely random situation.

I have also noticed that if the Tablet re-boots, then it takes several minutes to boot up. Some times I have an external mini hard drive attached to the USB port but even if this is not attached my Tablet can still take several minutes to boot up from the ASUS screen.

Any ideas if this is normal or the first signs that something bad is going to happen to my Tablet?

My device has not, and never been Rooted.

Cheers

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    It's not normal. You might want to try a hard reset, (instructions below) or look for an active app that may be causing the problem. If you have active widgets or active wallpaper they can be a cause.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    7 times
    How could I find out if it was an active app?

I also notice that when I trun the tablet back on to the screen with the padlock option, the first scree, then the colour resolution is very poor. We're talking ZX Spectrum 16 bit colour scheme here. This is a clue that the computer is going to re-boot.

Cheers

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Hi lemming

I have merged your thread with this existing thread. Please se my reply above & its link

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    this makes me wonder if android will ever be fully stable on 3rd party devices.

B60 TF101 16gb WW version. Never rooted.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    7 times
    Not a happy bunny with all this re-booting.

Maybe its time to put Ubuntu onto my tablet?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links