Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constant TF300 Rebooting issue possible solution

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been lurking in all of these TF300T random reboot threads and I wanted to post my findings. I, too, was experiencing random reboots; several times in a few hours. I had it shut down while asleep and reboot while awake and using it. This only started happening after I received the JB update, so I initially wanted to blame JB.

After reading several other users comments, I tried pressing/squeezing near the power button and could not duplicate the issue. I saw this thread and the OP's comment made me realize the one change I made other than the JB update. I had enabled auto updating for several of my apps. Before, I had none of them set to auto update and I had no reboot issues for the first month I've owned this tablet.

So, the only change I've made after experiencing random reboots is to disable auto-updating for all of my apps. So far (crosses fingers), I have yet to see another random reboot. In hind sight, I wish I would have made a list of the apps that I had enabled to auto update.

It's worth a shot if anyone else wants to try what I have. I suggest disabling a few at a time to see which one(s) may be causing the problem.

I'll be sure to post here if I do experience another random reboot.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    So I just got my tf 300 and I updated to jellybean immediately. I did all the recommended cold boots and wiped data twice. I was just now downloading a rather large app from play store and I was on the home screen and then bam, frozen gray screen for a couple of seconds and then it rebooted. Hope this doesn't keep happening because it wasn't exactly a nice experience.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Possible Display Sleep state relationship to Reboot ?

I purchased my TF300T in June with ICS. Added keyboard about 10 days later. Have been using without a single problem (great tablet) until the Jelly Bean update in mid August and immediately started experiencing reboots.

I have tried many, many things (turning off auto updates, uninstalling suspect apps, etc.) but have not yet resorted to factory reset... with no good result.

However, I had noticed consistantly that every reboot was associated with sleep status... either closing the the keyboard (notebook fashion) or by selecting any DISPLAY SLEEP time from 15 seconds to 10 minutes. I tried setting the SLEEP timing to NEVER... and in the last 5 days there has not been one reboot instance.

This is obviously an inconvenience to manually short-touch the power button (or close keyboard notebook fashion) to put it to sleep and should be addressed (either by ASUS or GOOGLE)...... but so far it is working without a single reboot.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In my case the tablet reboots only after going to sleep and only if I have something in the USB et SD card slots. If I remove my USB mouse and/or SD Card, the reboots go away. The problem appeared after I updated to JB.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    16 times
    so probably when asus was testing the update, they did not dock it nor inserted a microsd card/hdmi/... to test if the update can cause something wrong with these things.
    i mean when they tested the update (they have to test the update before they roll it out to us), they just use the tablet alone with NOTHING ELSE (no HDMI, no microsd card, no dock, no usb adapter,...) and they found that nothing went wrong, so they decided to roll out the update and we're now having problems because we do use sdcard, hdmi,...

just my guess though
    My device: White TF300T, Stock Android 4.2.1, NOT unlocked.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    I've tried factory reset but the problem only has gotten worse!

My TF300 seems to have this issue (rebooting on its own) when it's in the docking keyboard.

Also, I now cannot select other options (such as USB, "wipe data", Android) during cold booting. The only option that would work is "RCK" (whatever the heck it is!). If I tried to press the up-volume buttom to select any other options, TF300 would crash with the stupid-looking Droid lying on its back with the red exclaimation mark).

Using Jelly Bean is a pain. Google has gotten worse by the day!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    ASUS did a lousy job before releasing this problematic Jelly Bean on TF300s!

From this experience I have decided NOT to buy any more ASUS and have discouraged everyone I know from buying an ASUS product. Tech support at ASUS is worse than horrible!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I was able to resolve my issues with a simple hardware fix.

TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch

Pics included.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello guys,
    if this thread is still alive - I experienced similar problem with my TF300F(C50) /JB. It randomly restarts when going to sleep or in sleep, sometimes it even shuts down. The problem with "dead android" with exclamation mark during cold start selection described by Digita also happens. I also found out that this is VERY PROBABLY related to the SDcard inserted in the dock. When the tablet is out from dock or the SDcard is unplugged the tablet functions fine without restarts. I strongly suspect that this is a JB problem, because it started after the JB update. Are there others with this problem? Is there a solution of this problem? Do ASUS know about it? Will there be fix for this? Otherwise the tablet dock is severly compromised!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    35 times
    Hello shvihak,
    You just kicked this tread back to life.
    Yes there are others with the same reboot problems you described.
    As for Asus knowing about these problems, I gues they do because on the official Asus forum I read some post from people who received an email reply from Asus stating they were working on the problems. Ofcourse there was no mention when or if they would come up with a fix.
    A mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ads