Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Asus transformer pad docking station tf300 will not charge!!

Hi!
    I just bought the Asus transformer tf300 docking station. But I cannot get it to charge. Nothing wrong with the cable, it works fine to charge the pad with it. However, when I connect the cable to the pc from the keyboard I can transfer files, so nothing wrong there either. The charging is the problem. I have tried to charge the keboard separate both with the usb connected to the PC and the cable sat in the wall. I've also tried when the keyboard is connected to the pad, nothing works! Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong ?!
    Thanks !

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    101 times
    I'd check the port on the dock, it may be bad and you need to RMA, look for any missing/bent pins.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Try having a run through this link, it should help you get your charger working again (or figure out what is not working).

[RS Guide] - So Your Transformer Won't Boot?

You can skip the stuff about making it boot and focus on the charging pieces.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Rma

Thanks for the answers guys. I think i have to rma it. Cause there is nothing wrong with the cable or the port, despite the fact that it wont charge.I can charge the pad with the same cable and i can transfer files when i connect the cable to the dock. I think it is allergic to charging!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Exwind View Post
    I think it is allergic to charging!
    Well it is allergy season

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the exactly same problem... The docking wont charge... Is this a well known problem?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Asus transformer pad docking station tf300 will not charge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Try having a run through this link, it should help you get your charger working again (or figure out what is not working).

[RS Guide] - So Your Transformer Won't Boot?

You can skip the stuff about making it boot and focus on the charging pieces.
    Hi,
    I have the same problem but I don't have the dock... I bought the 3g version.. Basically when I plug my tablet in the pc it won't charge... I've tried different usb ports in different computers and nothing... The only thing I can do is transfer files between them. I read that thread and I don't think that my problem is similar to any of there, they assume you can connect and charge the tablet in the computer through a usb port..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using Tapatalk 2

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by igomen View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same problem but I don't have the dock... I bought the 3g version.. Basically when I plug my tablet in the pc it won't charge... I've tried different usb ports in different computers and nothing... The only thing I can do is transfer files between them. I read that thread and I don't think that my problem is similar to any of there, they assume you can connect and charge the tablet in the computer through a usb port..

FYI -

The Eee Pad series tablet charging system uses 15 VDC at 1.2 Amps to charge. This is NOT the same as any USB port out there. Attempting to charge via USB will NOT show the unit is charging, and it will yield a very slow charge only when the screen is off. Typical charge rates:
    Asus Wall Wart (15 VDC @ 1.2 Amps): Charge rate of ~35% per hour with screen off. Will charge with the screen on and indicate charging.
    Typical USB Port (5 VDC @ 0.5 Amps): Charge rate of ~3% per hour with screen off. Will NOT charge with the screen on. Will NOT indicate it is charging.
    iPad Wall Wart (5 VDC @ 2.0 Amps): Charge rate of ~10% per hour with screen off. Will NOT charge with the screen on. Will NOT indicate it is charging.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Asus transformer pad docking station tf300 will not charge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    FYI -

The Eee Pad series tablet charging system uses 15 VDC at 1.2 Amps to charge. This is NOT the same as any USB port out there. Attempting to charge via USB will NOT show the unit is charging, and it will yield a very slow charge only when the screen is off. Typical charge rates:
    Asus Wall Wart (15 VDC @ 1.2 Amps): Charge rate of ~35% per hour with screen off. Will charge with the screen on and indicate charging.
    Typical USB Port (5 VDC @ 0.5 Amps): Charge rate of ~3% per hour with screen off. Will NOT charge with the screen on. Will NOT indicate it is charging.
    iPad Wall Wart (5 VDC @ 2.0 Amps): Charge rate of ~10% per hour with screen off. Will NOT charge with the screen on. Will NOT indicate it is charging.
    One last thing, when it's powered off and I connect it to the pc the tab turn on like if I do it manually through power button.. Is this normal them?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Yes, that is normal for it to power on when you connect it to a USB or the wall wart.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links