Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Time/date keep resetting

I have a Transformer Pad TF300T with the latest firmware update, and every time I switch it on after having it off the time and date are reset to 01:00, January 01 2000. It does this regardless of whether I have automatic network time or manual time set. Anybody experienced this before and/or know what to do about it? It's more of an annoyance than anything else really but would be good to fix.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    I am also experiencing a time issue.
    Twice, I've had to go to settings/time & date, and manually reset time & date.
    Even though they were displaying the correct time in the settings box, it was not displaying the correct time in the menu bar.
    I did not check to see if the date was also off.
    I believe this happened when I powered down the tablet.
    It does not seem to happen when the tablet sleeps.
    I'm going to do a factory reset to see if this corrects the problem.
    Will report back in a few days to confirm fix or not.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    dishinit, same here re powering down. When the tablet sleeps there is no problem, just turning it on after it has been off. My issue is slightly different from yours though because in my settings the time/date are also displayed incorrectly. Did a factory reset solve the problem?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by informdoptimist View Post
    dishinit, same here re powering down. When the tablet sleeps there is no problem, just turning it on after it has been off. My issue is slightly different from yours though because in my settings the time/date are also displayed incorrectly. Did a factory reset solve the problem?

No unfortunately the factory reset, did not correct the time problem........
    Time in notification bar & Asus quick settings get's intermittently messed up, stuck, but time under settings is correct and is set to Auto.
    I still have to go through a manual re-setting of time to get them back in sync. Then back on automatic.....seems very strange?

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    My question is has this been going on since you got the TF? Did it start after the latest update, or since installing a particular App? If the Hard Reset did not fix the issue, my gut tells me it's an App.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    My question is has this been going on since you got the TF? Did it start after the latest update, or since installing a particular App? If the Hard Reset did not fix the issue, my gut tells me it's an App.
    Not sure if it was an app, but I seemed to have fixed it by re-flashing my tablet from my micro sd card.
    However, I am still experiencing some anomalies in other areas....ie: crashing out of Opera browser back to the homepage without warning.......I may un-install and reinstall Opera to see if that corrects the problem...........I have also experienced a random shut down or two, both before and after re-flashing stock firmware. This and a few other anomalies such as suddenly leaving this "reply to" page is irritating.
    My biggest complaint is the inability of any android video player I have tried to play my DVD collection from my server. VLC is still in beta testing, and will not download to my tablet with the remark that it is not available in my country. I have tried some earlier builds alpha & beta releases of vlc, but they were not complete and could not read my file extensions.
    I also experience screen lightening & darkening under the same lighting conditions, as if hunting for the right screen brightness when in Automatic Screen Adjustment modality.
    once I can understand, but several times within a 10:00 minute period is distracting.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links