Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer Pad TF300T Battery Stats

Hi, I am new here and only got my TF a week ago. I am not an Android novice owning a Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S and Motorola Xoom as well. All devices are unlocked and rooted but all run on the manufacturers stock ROMs. My issue is with the TFs battery stats in >settings > Battery where it just doesn't provide the correct information. On my other ICS based devices I get sensible usage info and, more importantly to me, the time I the device is on battery. The TF does not seem to be able to provide this - it tells me it has been on battery fpor 21 minutes and 4 seconds for hours. Is this a known issue with the TF? I am on the latest ROM release 9.4.3.30. Anyone being able to shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I suggest you check out Badass Battery Widget as it will provide plenty of information. However, if your readings are really off the deep end you may want to try a hard reset. Using the instructions in the link below will not result in a loss of data.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    101 times
    Hard reset and install a spy app as recommended above, should get accurate stats, settings just FCs on me when I try to look at it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, thank you for your suggestions, but hard rersetting isn't going to do it as I manually upgraded to the latest ROM and in the process wiped all caches including the Dalvik and wiped battery stats with CWM recovery. Then I went through the usual battery calibration procedure. What I really wanted to know if this issue is a known TF problem? By-the-way,ThingODoom, my battery stats in Settings doesn't fc when I look into it, it just shows nonsensical numbers when inserted in the keyboard dock.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    101 times
    I think it's a TF problem and an external reading app should give you a better result.

I usually assume dirty-flashes and other things so a hard-reset is often good, but here's a different suggestion:
    Charge the battery for a Long time untill you're SURE that it's 100%, then go into CWM wipe cache and dalvik, reboot into the rom so it rebuilds dalvik, then go back into CWM and just wipe the battery stats (still making sure your battery is 100%)
    See if that does it for you, if not an external spy app is probably your best bet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your suggestions. I am currently recalibrating the battery, but I don't hold out for any improvement, as I believe and you have also intimated that much, that it is a deep rooted ASUS TF issue. I certainly don't want to make a big deal out of it but in my experience all modern smartphones/devices based upon a mobile OS of some sort need careful battery monitoring capabilities because of them draining so rapidly; this is obvoiously in the nature of the way they get used. Anyways, I have installed a widget called "Dual Battery Widget", which seems to have been written specifically for the Transformer series - it works like a charm and best of all it's FREE. Thanks again.

P.S. forgot to mention, that when the Tab is released from its dock the battery stats seem to be working "sort-of". They are still only showing "Android" and WiFi" and nothing else (this applies to the native Battery monitor in "Settings").
    Last edited by heat57; 06-27-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Moved from Rescue Squad help (why was it posted there?) to tf300 help

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links