Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    36266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Tablet
    TF300
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times

    screen replacement

    Does anyone know where I can find a screen replacement for the tf300. I have looked everywhere and cannot find one.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3976
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    1,499
    Liked
    202 times
    Not sure where you are, but you could try Asus or this place?

    http://www.asusparts.eu/index.php?cP..._222301_222302
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    36266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Tablet
    TF300
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    I am in Florida in the United States. But that website, like every other one I have seen, only carries tf101 products and not tf300t products. I am pretty sure that the screen for the tf300 and the prime are the same, does anyone know otherwise?

  4. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    590
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    U.S/CA/OC
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    3,375
    Liked
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cdp15 View Post
    I am pretty sure that the screen for the tf300 and the prime are the same, does anyone know otherwise?
    I know the 300 screen isn't gorilla glass so there may be other differences as well.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    36266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Tablet
    TF300
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    I see that there are slight differences such as the lack of Gorilla glass and that the screen for the prime is IPS+, but can I not just put the better screen on my 300 or would that be impossible?

  6. #6
    Bumblebee
    Member #
    9512
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    2,397
    Liked
    467 times
    I have bad news for you. Because of the thin profile of the tf200 and tf300, the outer glass screen, the capacitive screen, and the lcd (yes, there are 3 layers... most people are not aware of this) are fused together by very strong adhesive. You will have to replace the whole thing. These glass pieces are ultra thin. It's almost impossible to remove them from each other. Furthermore, once you somehow miraculously removed the outer glass pieces, you will end up with gungs of very strong adhesive left over on the lcd screen. The lcd screen material is very fragile. Anything/everything will scratch it. Your fingernail slightly touching the lcd screen will scratch it. It will take a thousand prayers to jesus and lots of holy water to remove the gungs of glue without scratching the lcd screen so when you apply the new outer glass pieces you won't have blobs of colorful... blobs on your display.

    Replacing the outer digitizer was easy with the tf101. The glass was not fused with the lcd. Unfortunately, it's not possible with the 200 or 300.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    26032
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    I have bad news for you. Because of the thin profile of the tf200 and tf300, the outer glass screen, the capacitive screen, and the lcd (yes, there are 3 layers... most people are not aware of this) are fused together by very strong adhesive. You will have to replace the whole thing. These glass pieces are ultra thin. It's almost impossible to remove them from each other. Furthermore, once you somehow miraculously removed the outer glass pieces, you will end up with gungs of very strong adhesive left over on the lcd screen. The lcd screen material is very fragile. Anything/everything will scratch it. Your fingernail slightly touching the lcd screen will scratch it. It will take a thousand prayers to jesus and lots of holy water to remove the gungs of glue without scratching the lcd screen so when you apply the new outer glass pieces you won't have blobs of colorful... blobs on your display.

    Replacing the outer digitizer was easy with the tf101. The glass was not fused with the lcd. Unfortunately, it's not possible with the 200 or 300.
    I had Transformer Prime before. Got the glass broken. I've easily removed the outer digitizer glass (not sure if it's 2 layer or 1 layer, it doesn't make any difference if we talk about LCD).

    I can tell you, adhesive is only on bezel. The LCD screen itself is a separate thing. There is space between glass and LCD screen. I don't see any problems selling digitizers separately. It's just Asus policy and their tales for "super factory environment", "not possible in principle" etc.

    Yes, when you remove the old glass, you will get it broken almost for sure. But it's the old cracked one, who cares! And it will break on glue part, on bezel. So at the same time, I repeat: LCD will be fine, there is space between glass and screen. The glass can be removed. The glue which is left on black plastic bezel is easily removable without corrupting the LCD!

    I have another Asus (TF300 this time). It also got broken (again glass) recently.

    With this Asus policy of spitting on people needs, I don't think it's a good idea to buy any Asus tablet because the tablets are weak even compared to cheap Chinese ones, and if they broke, instead of spending 100 bucks for repair, you basically need to buy a new one. This sucks.

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    41041
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Where can I found a tutorial for my TF300 to help me to change the glass ?
    Thanks to all.

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    45482
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Any Answer

    Quote Originally Posted by krislec View Post
    Where can I found a tutorial for my TF300 to help me to change the glass ?
    Thanks to all.
    Did you ever find a tutorial? Did you change the glass? Any suggestions?

    Although if I can get my TF300 working again I will post it on the forum, if you want to contact me directly, it can be at : transformerforums [that at symbol] donneray [a dot] com.

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    45482
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    I ended up sending it to ASUS RMA. I'm wondering how much they charge.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 07:02 PM
  2. Do I need to return it for a replacement? (ASUS TF300 - flickering screen)
    By Jessica in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM
  3. TF101 screen - replacement available
    By Swipe in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
  4. Screen Replacement.
    By johnst in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
  5. Replacement?
    By wolflmg in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 03:08 AM

Search tags for this page

3568a replacement screens

,

3568a-tf300t

,

asus tablet repair orlando

,

asus tablet tf300t replacement glass

,

asus tf300t lcd part number

,

asus tf300t replace digitizer

,
asus transformer pad tf300t teplacemnt screen
,

cheap lcd screens asus rf300t tablet in monroe la

,

how to change digitizer on tf300t

,
tf300t outer glass replacement
,

tf300t replacement screen

,
where do i find the lcd model number on an asus tf300t tablet
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.