View Poll Results: Does you TF300T Suffer from Random Reboots?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my TF300T has an Issue with reboots

40 48.78%
  • No, no issues

37 45.12%
  • Had issues, but they've been resovled

5 6.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times

It's a hardware issue that just takes some time to show up with normal use...

I have had my Tranformer 300 since June...loved the tablet...been great. The last two weeks, it has become unusable! Literally unusable. It reboots itself about every 2 minutes. It is not software related, as the "power off" message comes up on the screen..if I tap off of it to make it go away it comes right back...and then it reboots. Doesn't matter if it is inserted in the dock or not. I have no SD card installed. I have babied this tablet from the day I got it (I have OCD on stuff like that) and there is no way the hardware issue is from abuse from me. If I touch in the top left corner of the screen it will bring the power off message up and reboot. If I squeeze that area, it will do the same. Problem is....even if I am not even touching that area it is now doing it. I did a reset and that did nothing to fix it. Tried to go the internet on the tablet and search a solution and it rebooted 3 times that I couldn't even type in my search criteia...pitiful!! So, I am on my pc and did a search...bam...her I am on this forum and it is a common problem. I am pissed. Wish I could return to Best Buy and get my money back but it has been too long. Guess I will have to try the repair route, but it doens't appear to have been successful for others here. In regards to a previous poster suggesting C40 and above models are fixed....my serial number starts with C50...so if that is how you determine the model number then those above C40 still have issues. Any suggestions are appreciated. thanks! Kevin

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    40 times
    No issues whatsoever with mine and has seen heavy all day use the last few weeks. I did the JB update factory fresh right out of the box before anything and it went smooth as silk. Not one issue so far knock on wood. I do know for a fact there has been issues with different display panel models that affected the upper left and power button, but it was my understanding those issues were addressed so head scratching here. Could be anything I guess. In today's competitive market if this is really so widespread you'd think Asus would be all over it otherwise they sink to the bottom. I have talked to many who've had theirs since day one and not a single issue so it's a definite head scratcher. I did ask a friend who works locally at Best Buy if they had had many returns or complaints or complaints at his store (his dept.) and he said no? Actually he has one and was surprised to hear all these issues. None which he has experienced either. Sure a weird deal.

I handle mine like a live grenade lol, but it gets very heavy use and so far so good, we'll see. I did hear from a tech that part of the display panel issues came from closing the docks attached? Tis is not an Asus tech, but one who does work on them and does repairs. He's the one who talked me out of the dock and going with the BT keyboard when/if needed. he's owned ever Asus model pad that's came out and not had any of these issue yet he acknowledged they exist, but the ones he's repaired have all been due to the user which in the cases here are not the case it appears.

How many with this rebooting issue use docks or not? Just curious. I elected to go Blue Tooth keyboard (when needed) otherwise just use the pad and stylus.
    Posted with my Asus TF300T pad with Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Working great and having a blast!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Good news... took mine to best buy to send back for repair. When the girl scanned my receipt for the item to process the return, she told me that the computer said ASUS said do not return for repair...issue customer an exchange. They gave me a new unit. That tells me they know there are problems. At least they are doing the right thing. My new serial number is C70 ...I'll report back if I end up having issues with this unit...hopefully not.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times

Re: How Common is The Random Reboot Issue? (Poll)

Bummer, but issues here too.. Have it for 2 week now, serial starts with c70... At first is locks in sleep mode. After reset is reboots all by itself constantly, without touching or anything. I am simply watching the tablet and all of a sudden it goes Black and starts up again. Dont have to unlock the sim though. Always on dock, Dont know it it would happen without simply because I Always use the dock. Honestly making me mad, using it for work as was my main reason for buying, is actually impossible. Just When You want to writer down some notes, You realise you need to fire it up again...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    My TF300T was sent to Asus for fixing the rebooting problem caused by power button damage. It is on the latest update now, but rebooting and freeze still keep happening no matter when it is in sleep mode or when it is being used. I don't know if it is a software bug or hardware defect.
    As I said in August, Asus should recall this model.
    I am really wondering if other Asus models and tablets from other manufacturers have such a problem.
    Last edited by jameshye; 10-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times

Re: How Common is The Random Reboot Issue? (Poll)

My TF300 is on its way to Asus right now. It was simply no use anymore. Hope its fixed When it returns, Although the feedback on this forum is not very hopeful...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent my TF300 to ASUS to fix a power problem; dead, no power light when plugged, both it and the kbd caused a "Power Surge on USB port" message when plugged into a PC. Got it back three weeks later working but as soon as I plugged it to charge it up upon arrival it downloaded JB. I did the upgrade and started getting reboots so often that it was unusable. Did everything mentioned in this forum and chatted with ASUS tech support (they even had me download and manually reapply 10.4.2.13) to no avail so sent it in again via RMA. Came back and is as solid as it was under ICS.

That is to say, very solid, whew!

Problem is the build number as returned from ASUS is 10.4.2.9 and now it wants to update to 10.4.2.17 (I think) and I'm a little reluctant to let it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times
    A diagnostic procedure for pinning down the source of rebooting is "Safe Mode" as described in this thread:
    Please explain "Safe Mode"

In my case, I've satisfied myself that rebooting during unattended standby can be avoided by turning WiFi off and dismounting the microSD.
    Needless to say tune in for upcoming Mea Culpas should they be required!
    Last edited by fredkahan; 11-10-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Exclamation How to fix random reboot/freeze on TFxxxT

TF700T JB 4.1.1 (yeah I know this is for 300 but please read; applies): I've had mine for about a month and it started happening badly. When I first got it I had no apps it was great and stable. After loading 200 Play apps on it is a very different story. One VERY USEFUL TIP I found to resolve this random rebooting/freezing is to go to settings and enable in Developer Options (slider top right set to ON), then select (check) "Force GPU rendering" under Drawing menu. This fixed my tablet from random reboots alltogether and also stopped BS player from quitting mid-movie and mid-stream to DLNA TV. Works wonders for me.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    186 times

Post power button design causes reboots later on

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Had my TF300 for about 3 weeks and got my first random reboot yesterday.
    If you get reboots a couple weeks after purchase than they are related to a poor design of the power button after a certain amount of use. I lived with the problem for about 3 months before finally deciding to bite the bullet and send in an RMA. I had no problems with Asus service. It was one of the best ive used. A quick and quality fix. Just make sure you explain exactly what you need to be fixed on it. This has been my only problem with the tf300 it has been a great tab.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 02-23-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads