View Poll Results: Does you TF300T Suffer from Random Reboots?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my TF300T has an Issue with reboots

40 48.78%
  • No, no issues

37 45.12%
  • Had issues, but they've been resovled

5 6.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had mine a little over 3 weeks. I have had about 30 uncommanded reboots. Last night I was relaxing on the porch surfing with it, and had 6 reboots alone. It was annoying enough to finally shut it down for the night.
    I have it connected to the keyboard. I bought it at best buy. I have done the hard reset, but not the reset that wipes everything. I am thinking that I will just wait til the TF700 comes out and upgrade to that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I have mine for month and half now. No reboot issues thus far.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    My 2 cents. Been using the tf300 for about a week now. Pretty heavy usage too running tegra 3 games and full scale browsing movies etc. I never had it lock up or hang on me even once. No random rebooting either. I'm surprised to see this many people complaining about something like this.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep,

I'm another (from UK) reporting a tablet that reboots randomly (9 times or more in a day on occasion, and reboots when in standby). I haven't seen any indication as to what is causing the problems, but agree with another poster that it does not seem to happen when I am watching a (non streamed) video. Quite pooped off is an understatement, as I thought I was making a smart move away from the Apple cult. Back to Asus for mine...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Reboots here ... had it 4 days ... pretty average. Seemed to start after the install of apps. Asus really need to get on top of this quickly with the release of the 700 just around the corner they risking being classed as a lemon pretty quick.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I’ve had my tf300 for close to 3 months sent the first one back to amazon due to problem with the touch screen. All was good untill 3 weeks ago I started getting random reboots at first it was one here one there until it got to the point to it being every 5mins or less. Also it seem to shut down if I held it near the volume buttons and would start up even if I didn’t hit the power button. Played the reset game and it didn’t help, sent it back to ASUS yesterday being I could not find any kind of fix online. Hoping for the best, will update.

Update sent my TF300 back it was a week turn around, must of it was due to shipping. The problem had to do with the power button. Had it for 2 weeks now so far so good.
    Last edited by MoodSwing; 08-22-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Update.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodSwing View Post
    Iíve had my tf300 for close to 3 months sent the first one back to amazon due to problem with the touch screen. All was good untill 3 weeks ago I started getting random reboots at first it was one here one there until it got to the point to it being every 5mins or less. Also it seem to shut down if I held it near the volume buttons and would start up even if I didnít hit the power button. Played the reset game and it didnít help, sent it back to ASUS yesterday being I could not find any kind of fix online. Hoping for the best, will update.
    I have exact same problem on my TF300 as yours. Pinching, pressing or knocking on the power button area cause reboot. This is a hardware design glitch.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine is rebooting as well after 1 month. Top left corner is super sensitive but it will also reboot without touching this area. I am sending it to Asus.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    i have reboot problems too, after the firmware upgrade from the ICS it got a little better, now i upgraded to JB and everytime i try to connect the internet via bluetooth it reboots, wifi is also buged, flash is buged, i havent done much yet cause i done the wipe data and cold boot tutorials so it haven`t rebooted by random just because wifi was stuck and the bluetooth problem, just one more thing STAY AWAY FROM JB, trust me on this or the other 200 posts of complains about JB in 3 days, reminding that only the US sku upgrade has been released

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    My TF300T reboots randomly. Asus have nothing on their website.

Time to join the apple brigade?

I expect my technology to work. if it doesn't I expect the Vendor to acknowledge the problem and start communicating proactivly on it. ASUS where are you on this? whats the official advice? do you have diagnostic tools?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads