View Poll Results: Does you TF300T Suffer from Random Reboots?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my TF300T has an Issue with reboots

40 48.78%
  • No, no issues

37 45.12%
  • Had issues, but they've been resovled

5 6.10%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    No restarts here.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    no. i didn't experience any reboot or malfunction. it's working just fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Non yet in nearly 3 weeks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    This has been really bothering me so I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to determine what the problem was and if it was an installed app that was causing the issue. I sent it back to factory settings before testing each app.

The conclusion I have come to, at least for my TF300, is when I have multiple Google accounts synced, it will crash more often. I have four Google accounts that I use on a daily basis and if I have two synced with the tablet it crashes. When I reset and went back to one, it never reset.

I am curious if anyone has had the crashes with multiple accounts and if a reset, and one Google account added reduces them to zero. Or, it could just be me!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    9 times
    Good Morning Everyone (at least morning here, right now),
    This is my first post and I purchased my 300 about 2 weeks ago; transitioning from a Kindle Fire.
    The 300 is my father's day present, a tad early because my wife snagged the Fire.
    Anyway - love the tablet so far, except for one experience and until now I wondered what had occurred.
    Once I had already downloaded apps, customized the layout, etc., while awakening from sleepmode - it rebooted. I thought nothing of it, except for the unusual writing on the upper left corner of the screen; however, it was too small and quick to really read the text.
    Next step is a rebooted, completely reset, out of the box 300T. All of my settings, apps, etc. had been erased. After a moment of sulking I did notice the google backup agent resetting my applications - but that was all. This has only occurred once and thankfully so, since then I've performed the cold restart following directions found on this board.

I mention this at this detail to make sure that when the other users are discussing reboots, that you are speaking of the same occurrence? I've only had this occur once and I assumed it was a forced bios update (for lack of a better term) and factory reset type thing - but maybe not? Otherwise, I'm loving the tablet...

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    No random reboots for me but do get Force Closed apps especially on Gmail app and some games here and there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Many Reboots

I have had about 6 random reboots in two weeks. It has happened at various points and using various apps. Trying to figure out what the issue is.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    35 times
    No reboots but do get some force closed game apps, especialy the heavy graffic ones. Hmmm

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    OMG! Although the results of the poll show quite a few of us having reboot issues, not many comments about them. I have had constant reboot issues since purchasing mine. It was so bad that it crashed during a firmware update and killed it and ASUS had it for nearly a month. When I got it back with a new motherboard, they hadn't updated the firmware, they just replaced the motherboard. I guess I was lucky the 2nd time. The firmware update completed successfully but it didn't do anything to improve my issue with reboots. I think I'm about ready to send it back again. Regardless of what I'm doing, it reboots at least every 5-15 minutes. Browsing, Angry Birds, Youtube, although it goes the longest while playing a video. Sometimes it will crash immediately after rebooting and sometimes just coming out of sleep mode. It's useless and unusable. Came here to see what others were saying. I'm thinking I'll send it back to them again. Hopefully they'll send me a new one instead of trying to fix this one again. Although I would've thought a new MB would be about the same. It is possible that I have a problem with the memory that wasn't replaced with the MB replacement. Would welcome any direct comments.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here, I have constant freezes and reboots within 15 min or so.

I tried every possible advice from the forum (3 x hard reset, disable this and that, etc..), no chance. I mean, what pisses me off is that it reboots being in its virgin factory state, no extra ICS-incompatible app whatsoever, just play around with just any default app, even scrolling in the system settings.

Problem on my side is that I won't get a refund/exchange with my dealer, they gonna send it to Asus support. The thing is 2 days old, for %*&* sake...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads