Thread: TF300 reboots every 10 minutes

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times

TF300 reboots every 10 minutes

I bought my tf-300 yesterday. After charging it up overnight I started to use it for the first tme today. Barely 10 minutes goes by without it freezing up and then rebooting itself.
    Its rebooted 6-7 times in the last hour.

Is this a problem that anyone else has encountered? If so, is there a fix?

Edit : it has rebooted while playing games, browsing the web and even when in the settings menu. There doesn't seem to be any one cause for the freeze and reboot.

Moderator's Note
    I have updated the OP with a link to this thread which contains suggestions & links for tf300 owners suffering this problem.

Constant TF300 Rebooting issue possible solution

Janner43
    Last edited by janner43; 08-10-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added link

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Not sure what app you may have installed that could possibly be causing the problem, and maybe not. If it is still fairly stock a factory reset would be a good idea. Look in settings - "backup reset"

If the games where on-line there could be other issues but if local this should help if not fix it. Also check for any firmware updates.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    1 times

I have same issue on TF300T

Yes, I also have same issue. It reboots evry few minutes. Most of the time I have only 1 App running. Usually I kill all other running Apps from Task list using One-Click.

I read in some other thread for TF100 that by disabling Quick setting, this issue gets resolved. I have not tried yet. I could not find how to disable quick setting.

I hope this is just Firmware issue and Asus/Android will fix it.

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received my tf300 yesterday and I'm also having this issue. It locks at random times, but frequently and then reboots on its own. Can this be linked to a bad wifi router in any way? I know my router isn't the most reliable and plan on replacing it, but want to see if it's really the tf300. I tried the factory reset and that seemed to fix issues for an hour or so last night, but it froze within 5 minutes of using it this morning. Would appreciate any ideas...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried disabling the quick setting, since I figured I had nothing to lose and it ran without locking up for more than an hour - had a nearly one hour Skype call, used several apps, etc. Then it froze and rebooted again.

For what it's worth -- to disable the quick setting, I found it in the settings under ASUS customized setting.

Anyway, would welcome any suggestions. Are there specific tasks that are known to cause this issue? I'll try to contact ASUS as well...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Have the same freeze and reboot issue with my TF300T.

Updated firmware - Still same issue

E-Mailed Asus and they advised to do a "Wipe" using power button and down volume toggle - Still same issue

Called helpdesk and I now have to send it in for repair. They did'nt even ask me to try this or that so I suspect it's a common problem.

Of course I have to pay for packaging and post....................

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Just bought my mom a TF300T for mothers day a couple of weeks ago. Worked great for a few days, then the system started to randomly reboot for no reason. Opening settings, browsing, even something as mundane as plugging it in the charger would make it go into a reboot cycle. I've tried everything i can think of, including multiple cold reboots and factory resets, to no avail. I even updated the firmware from xxx.17 to xxx.26 and eventually to xxx.29 which helped a little (reboots were less frequent) but didn't solve the issue. My mom needed a tablet for work, and kept losing important data in the reboots, so we eventually decided it wasn't worth the trouble so we returned it to Best Buy and explored other tablet options. I'm very disappointed because i love Asus products and wanted to buy myself a TF300T in the near future, but this issue has given me pause. I would still consider taking a chance with one, but I would like to know if this is a hardware or software issue, and if Asus is aware of the problem and working on a permanent fix before I would risk buying one.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoco View Post
    Just bought my mom a TF300T for mothers day a couple of weeks ago. Worked great for a few days, then the system started to randomly reboot for no reason. Opening settings, browsing, even something as mundane as plugging it in the charger would make it go into a reboot cycle. I've tried everything i can think of, including multiple cold reboots and factory resets, to no avail. I even updated the firmware from xxx.17 to xxx.26 and eventually to xxx.29 which helped a little (reboots were less frequent) but didn't solve the issue. My mom needed a tablet for work, and kept losing important data in the reboots, so we eventually decided it wasn't worth the trouble so we returned it to Best Buy and explored other tablet options. I'm very disappointed because i love Asus products and wanted to buy myself a TF300T in the near future, but this issue has given me pause. I would still consider taking a chance with one, but I would like to know if this is a hardware or software issue, and if Asus is aware of the problem and working on a permanent fix before I would risk buying one.
    Sounds really bad!
    The tf101 is a rock solid device now, the tf201 had wifi issues and gps issues, but not everyone had problems.

B60 TF101 16gb WW version. Never rooted.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    For those who are having reboot problems there may be several solutions as not all the TF300T users are having the problem. Some TF101 and TF201 users went through reboot problems too and pretty much solved them. The problem is that there are so many possibilities, not the least of which is an app that your TF300 may have come with that is conflicting with something else (1 or more apps) that you have installed or some changes you have made. I'm confident a solution will be found with some patience and working with each other to solve the problem rather than becoming a part of it.

If you think getting anther tablet is the solution you haven't read posts elsewhere claiming similar issues with Samsung and Acer tablets among others. The ones I love are the users of other tablets complaining about really bad WiFi and reboots.

Most of the people who come to this forum are looking for help. The Transformer owners I know, (with 2 exceptions), don't even know about this forum because they aren't having problems.

Take it a step at a time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I really hate when a thread like this dies out. Its like everyone found a solution but didn't bother to share it with the rest of us. In anycase, I am still having this issue and ran across this thread while searching for a solution. I have tested several theories on repairing the problem or isolating it. So far I have tried reformatting my tablet several tines in a row to "clear out" any remnants the latest update night have left. I have tried not installing anything at all and leaving it stock. And lastly I tried not using any third party (not that I had any) Widgets. Things went fine for several days. Then I installed mylifeorganized from the market and still everything was fine. Then I used the resizable Widget associated with mylifeorganized and within 5 minutes it rebooted. This is after several days of no reboots. I am leaving the widget there to see if and when it reboots. After that I will try removing the widget and see how long it last before rebooting. I hope the stuff I have tried can help us identify the issue.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links