Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer wouldn't turn on

So, while I was able to overcome this, I am sure others may or may not have this problem. Yesterday, my wife and I were working on something when she wants to turn on the tablet - and nothing. No amount of pressing the power button was doing it. She was worried we may have had to exchange this (purchased last Thursday at BB), but we had other more pressing matters to deal with. After a while, and things settling down, I inquired about it and asked if the battery could be dead...she didn't think so, but I thought why not try that and see what happens. So I plug it in and wait about 15-30mins to see what I could find. power button = no go. Perhaps we need a hard reset? So I hold the power button and volume down for 30 seconds or so and release - it starts up. With seemingly no ill effects.

So if you happen to encounter this, try the hard reset before shipping it back.

Also, if anyone can shed any light into why this happened, I'm sure myself and others would be grateful. Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    So, I have ran into the same issue. But it happens every time I put my Transformer to sleep, in the dock or out of the dock. I have hard reset and wiped it as well. Any idea before I call ASUS?

Thanks
    Jerry

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    I do not have a 300? But.

Over on the TF101's and some of the primes? They speak of the "sleep of death", a semi-humorous reference to the tablet going to sleep, and then... seemingly dying. Only a hard-reset (as you experienced) will get it going again.

The issue appears to be when the tablet goes into something called "deep sleep" a state of extremely low power usage. It does not appear to be harmful, and the majority of posters appear to be able to boot it up via the long press (longer than 30 seconds) or via the hard reset (power + vol down), but it's certainly a nuisance.

One work around is an app called "wake lock" which prevents deep sleep. Asus is aware of the issue, and has released several updates for the TF101's. I was not aware the 300's were experiencing this issue as well-- if you just purchased it?

A quick replacement may be your best choice here-- but, of course, that's a gamble too-- the replacement may be better-- or it may have additional issues.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks very much for your post. I had the same problem, went to BB for help and they told me it was fried. Your method turned it right on. Great.

Best regards,
    S9200s

Ads