Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times

Wifi Connection Speeds

What speed is everyone connecting to their WiFi at?

I've only gotten 65mpbs on a brand new d-link b/g/n router. Range seems to be only slightly better than my old Linksys G router.

Not sure if this is a router setting or a setting or limit I'm hitting on the tablet.

thanks!
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - Those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    I am getting 54 connected to my sprint phone via hotspot and crap 3g connection. Will have to check the router at the house when i get home. I downloaded over 500 mb for a game last night in under 5 minutes at the house, so I imagine I am getting a great connection at home.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    9 times
    is there an app to check this? I'm getting full download speed from my ISP 3mb/1mb don't how much speed I'm getting from my router

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Under settings --> Wifi --> it will list all your recently connected WiFi connections with the current connection at the top. Click on that one you are connected to and it bring up another screen:

<Connection name>
    Security: ________
    IP Address: ________

Link speed is what my OP was about. 54Mbps is standard for Wireless G, Wireless N is supposed to connect at 150 or even 300Mbps. Fastest I've seen on my tablet is 65Mbps. Not sure if this is a router setting or tablet limitation I'm hitting.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - Those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    9 times
    I'm gettign 72mbps in a crappy belkin router, I guess thats pretty good

I just transferred 1.42Gb from my pc to the pad in about 13 mins using swiftp, is that good?
    Last edited by jgaf; 05-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    3 times
    you should get whatever speed your internet connection allows for, and transfer over wireless LAN should be as fast as the router/hard drive allows. if you don't get that, then you might need to tweak your router.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thedroid View Post
    you should get whatever speed your internet connection allows for, and transfer over wireless LAN should be as fast as the router/hard drive allows. if you don't get that, then you might need to tweak your router.
    I've tweeked the router and am now getting 150mbps connection speed on my desktop with a wireless usb-N adapter. Tablet is still only getting 65mbps speed.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    3 times
    Only 54 mbps for me
    Well that's what it says for link speed under settings.
    I thought that Netgear routers were supposed to be good. Maybe if I connect it directly to the verizon router, it'll be faster. I'll try that later today.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    3 times
    Channels operating at 40 MHz are another feature incorporated into 802.11n; this doubles the channel width from 20 MHz in previous 802.11 PHYs to transmit data, and provides twice the PHY data rate available over a single 20 MHz channel. It can be enabled in the 5 GHz mode, or within the 2.4 GHz if there is knowledge that it will not interfere with any other 802.11 or non-802.11 (such as Bluetooth) system using the same frequencies.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I get it. Faster is better, but it seems to me that the speed indicated by the <settings/WiFi/link speed> is only a theoretical maximum, not an evaluation of true performance. I'm on a standard ATT/U-verse router at cheapest rate and I show 54 Mbps (as advertised). Ya gets what you pay for. However, I downloaded two different WiFi speed test apps (Speedtest.net and Net.isfaction) and got 2.8 Mbps download and 1.15 Mbps upload speeds. The Net.isfaction app rated this as about average for all web users. I'd love to hear from others about the kind of performance they're getting with different routers/link speeds. Should I pop for an upgrade from ATT?

TF201 w/dock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links