Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    I just spoke with ASUS and they said they could do a factory reset/wipe the device, but recommended I "contact the company I purchased the device from" (In this case Newegg).

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWizzard View Post
    I just spoke with ASUS and they said they could do a factory reset/wipe the device, but recommended I "contact the company I purchased the device from" (In this case Newegg).
    The factory reset did not help with my screen flicker/jumping problem - so - don't bother. All it did was force me to set up the tablet again. I have contacted Asus through one of their support people (got his email off Amazon review). When/If I get a response I will post it on the screen flicker thread. If I don't get a satisfactory response I will be sending the tablet back.
    "Sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail. It's more fun being the hammer but you learn more being the nail.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    8 times
    I received a note from Tien at Asus. He said the company is aware of the issue and a fix is planned in the next update. He also verified that it is a software issue. Here is his message:

Thank you for reaching out. Our engineers are aware of the flickering. It is a software issue and not hardware related. They are currently working on a fix for it which should be released with the next firmware update soon. I hope this eases some of the concerns from the thread.

Tien
    ACI - ASUS North America
    "Sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail. It's more fun being the hammer but you learn more being the nail.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toejamm View Post
    The factory reset did not help with my screen flicker/jumping problem - so - don't bother. All it did was force me to set up the tablet again. I have contacted Asus through one of their support people (got his email off Amazon review). When/If I get a response I will post it on the screen flicker thread. If I don't get a satisfactory response I will be sending the tablet back.
    I'm not sure how much you read of the previous posts Toejamm, but the problem Alienz225 and I have is not about a flicker issue it is about the tablet typing/clicking randomly on its own.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times

My TF300T was DOA for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizzard View Post
    I'm not sure how much you read of the previous posts Toejamm, but the problem Alienz225 and I have is not about a flicker issue it is about the tablet typing/clicking randomly on its own.
    Got my tablet yesterday from Amazon. I'm sensing a bit of a theme with that particular variable since many of the folks I'm reading about having the same issues also got their's from Amazon. But that might just be because everyone buys theirs through Amazon to avoid tax and shipping costs. Anyways, I unboxed it and the problems started immediately. The amazon box appeared dented in the corner and the Asus box was dented inside. So I'm thinking my tablet was dropped in transit. I gave a review of the shipping and ultimately decided to return this device for another one. The touch screen gave me problems right away during the setup phase. Entering my network info for my router was impossible. Some letters would work, some would not, and then it would ultimately lock up and the touch screen was completely unresponsive. Only way to reboot was to hold the power for 8 seconds. After numerous reboots, the touch screen decided to work long enough for me to enter my network info. The average time my touch screen will last is about 10 minutes, then the touch screen goes dead on me again and we do the reboot dance all over again.

Tech support had 2 tricks up their sleave. 1) Cold reboot: this did work initially but then 10 minutes later it locked up. Future cold reboots did not resolve this issue. 2) Data Wipe: this did not work and set me back a step since I would again have to re-enter my network info if I was given another 10 minute window of responsiveness on the touch screen.

I'm guessing these bad boys are rather fragile. I've seen numerous posts online of other folks having the same touch screen issues. The condition of my delivery and asus box lead me to believe it was dropped and I attribute the performance issues to that. I'm hoping that's the case. I'll be getting a new one on monday and will report back then.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    How can asus keep putting out faulty devices, software or hardware wise, they should have a sense of responsibility after the prime incident..

Then again we have no real numbers of how many are affected...

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

dd1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought my TF300T couple of months back...never had any issues until recently. As mentioned, screen started going crazy. It would click itself. Only difference had been that I installed few new apps and I purchased and started using Moko fitted cover for my pad. I uninstalled apps but that didn't help. Then I stopped using the case and issue seemed to go away. Case is really fitting the pad and I think its little too tight. So I thought that may be causing some hardware issue. Then I came across post below which also said something on similar line. I'm going to stop using Moko fitted hard cover case and see if the issue shows up again or not. If not, there is definitely some truth to the fact that TF300T doesn't like pressure on its edges and so we can't use any cover that does that like Moko, Blurex and Poetic.....

Just wondering, are other people having these random clicking on its own issue are also using cases for TF300T??

Screen flipping out. - Asus TF300 - RootzWiki

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dd1 View Post
    I bought my TF300T couple of months back...never had any issues until recently. As mentioned, screen started going crazy. It would click itself. Only difference had been that I installed few new apps and I purchased and started using Moko fitted cover for my pad. I uninstalled apps but that didn't help. Then I stopped using the case and issue seemed to go away. Case is really fitting the pad and I think its little too tight. So I thought that may be causing some hardware issue. Then I came across post below which also said something on similar line. I'm going to stop using Moko fitted hard cover case and see if the issue shows up again or not. If not, there is definitely some truth to the fact that TF300T doesn't like pressure on its edges and so we can't use any cover that does that like Moko, Blurex and Poetic.....

Just wondering, are other people having these random clicking on its own issue are also using cases for TF300T??

You know, it's funny you mention this...I had this problem recently with an employer provided blackberry. It drove me nuts, until I broke the case...I assumed it was the sudden jolt that fixed the bberry's seizure disorder. Now, I'm following the logic of a case that either extends onto the touchscreen or it literally squeezes the touchscreen. With my bberry, it was the former. With my TF300T, I had the issue initially - when I had a very tight fitting case. Since I've returned that case (not for the seizures, but because I didn't like how it seemed to squeeze the tablet), the behavior stopped. Now I use a SecondShells fold-over case that fits perfectly, I've not had a problem since. I just think it is funny how all this time I was guessing around the solutions; however, this post made the lightbulb shine brightly..thank you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dd1 View Post

DD1,
    I just got my tablet for Christmas and yesterday it started "clicking" it's self and flickering. Mine does not have a case yet. So I honestly don't think its the case....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Look, this isn't an issue with "Rogue Apps" not designed for this. I just unboxed my first TF300 (and my first tablet)) and it had this issue immediately. I got as far as installing a system update and syncing my wifi, then all of a sudden the screen freaked out and began flickering. Apps started opening and closing, email opened and began typing weird characters etc.. It is unusable and i can't even turn it off. I'm returning it to Amazon and not getting another one. I'll get a different brand. I used Asus motherboards for years and I am really disappointed. This clearly is a MAJOR issue and can be found all over the internet.

UPDATE: Just received a replacement from Amazon and the entire let side had well over 500 blown pixels. There is CLEARLY a major issue with their manufacturing of this tablet. I am done with Asus, never thought I'd say that.
    Last edited by Dougw133; 12-31-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads