Thread: T300 can't multi task and keyboard won't charge

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

T300 can't multi task and keyboard won't charge

It seems like my T300 can't do more than one thing at a time. If updates are downloading or installing, what ever app I'm in freezes. If other apps are running the whole tablet is sluggly. I have to use the one click clear widget to clear all running apps so I can run one! I did a factory reset about 2 months ago and that help a little, but not much.
    I'm on the latest stock ROM. I've thought about trying another ROM but not if it won't help my issues

Second, for about 6 months now my keyboard won't charge, I can charge through it to the tablet. But I've left the keyboard itself plugged in for days and it won't charge at all, has anyone ran into this?

Thanks,jb

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

First of all - yes the issue with the keyboard charging is well known - if you visit the "definitive guide to battery/charging" linked from the Master Help Guide (link in signature, below) you'll find out in the first post what that problem is.

As far as the lag issues you are experiencing, the only real, permanent fix is a new ROM - we have a guide thread on that in the TF300 Development section.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I found the guide for charging and I'm going through that process (fingers crossed)
    Looks like I'm going to do some ROM research, I've installed custom ROMs on my old Droid Bionic so the process isn't new to me.

Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick question if your still reading this Looking at your guide, you have 2.7.X for TWRP, from the read it looks like 2.8.0.0.1 is out and can work for both JB and KK ROM? Should I got through route to give me more options? And is Minimal ADB and Fastboot still the way to go even though its a year old?

thanks,jb

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by benwaynet View Post
    Quick question if your still reading this Looking at your guide, you have 2.7.X for TWRP, from the read it looks like 2.8.0.0.1 is out and can work for both JB and KK ROM? Should I got through route to give me more options? And is Minimal ADB and Fastboot still the way to go even though its a year old?

thanks,jb
    Hey Ben.
    Yes I think that you will be fine using the TWRP 2.8 build on the TWRP site. But only the one with the -4.2 in the end. Another user did the same last week and everything went well.

The reason why I linked 2.5 in the guide is because the official TWRPs had some problems in other versions and only custom made versions would work with KitKat ROMS. Not they seem to have sorted everything out and 2.8.0.1 from here should work. http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tf300t.

I have always recommended minimal fastboot simply because a lot if people are not used to the command prompt and like the ability to run an executable file. If you ready have the ADB and fastboot drivers set up from your droid then the best thing is to use them "don't fix what ain't broke!"

You sound like you have some experience with these things so I will give you something extra to do to bring your system up to speed

AFTER you have verified that your recovery works (just flash a ROM like CROMI-X) you should definitely use the format data button in your recovery. This will completely format all data and get rid of corruption in the file system as opposed to wiping which doesn't do any of that.

This process may take a very short or very long while depending on what recovery version you have. Just don't interrupt it. Also since you will be wiping over everything, you will need a ROM zip on a microsd card to load up following the format.

Also (I tell everyone this just in case) do no ever use the factory reset function in the android settings menu, or the wipe data icon in the Asus bootloader. TWRP made the terrible error if naming their own wipe option 'factory reset" which can cause some confusion and lead to bricked devices.

Good luck
    GT
    benwaynet likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    When you download files the act of downloading uses quite a bit of system resources and a different ROM may not have much of an affect.

This incudes app updates from the Play Store.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    I had good luck with Scanno's 2.8.0.0 version of TWRP from here: [ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] OmniROM for the TF3… | Asus Transformer TF300T | XDA Forums.

@Mods: I hope I recall correctly that linking to XDA is allowed?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Yes, XDA is fine.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links