Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Angry stutter on video playback?

Hi

I was happy with my TF101 for quite a while; watched movies using DLNA (BubbleUPNP talking to Synology Media Server on one of Syno's NAS boxen over WiFi). No problem.

Then I got tempted by a lighter/thinner package and a bit more storage, a bit more speed etc -- so bought a refurb TF300 and loaded it with my favourite apps. Now I find that video playback (regardless of player used, whether MX or the stock player) is jerky, has hiccups, synch is lost between video and audio, etc. Buffering seems inadequate -- running out of buffer while streaming. Other apps seem OK -- it's something about video playback from a wifi stream, or maybe AVI format, or DLNA...? Wondering if anyone else has observed this problem and if so, is there a fix? Frustrating to have such a nice new sleek tablet and find that it's actually *less* functional than the old clunker!

harumph

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
    Hi

I was happy with my TF101 for quite a while; watched movies using DLNA (BubbleUPNP talking to Synology Media Server on one of Syno's NAS boxen over WiFi). No problem.

Then I got tempted by a lighter/thinner package and a bit more storage, a bit more speed etc -- so bought a refurb TF300 and loaded it with my favourite apps. Now I find that video playback (regardless of player used, whether MX or the stock player) is jerky, has hiccups, synch is lost between video and audio, etc. Buffering seems inadequate -- running out of buffer while streaming. Other apps seem OK -- it's something about video playback from a wifi stream, or maybe AVI format, or DLNA...? Wondering if anyone else has observed this problem and if so, is there a fix? Frustrating to have such a nice new sleek tablet and find that it's actually *less* functional than the old clunker!

harumph
    Check the settings of the player you are using. The tf300 should be considerably faster than the tf101, but because the AVI format is not a format supported by Android by default, players are using software-decoding for playback, which is likely where the issue lies.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links