Thread: sluggishness

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

sluggishness

I was kind of satisfied with the TFT300, although sometimes annoyed with its sluggishness, untill I got a brand new phone (Nexus 5).
    Now, I'm often really annoyed with the TFT. I still use it for some things that a 10" screen is really better for (mainly reading articles, newspaper subscriptions). But the difference in speed is so glaring.
    On waking up, even going to Wordfeud in TFT, it will take quite a bit of time before the app actually responds, as the tablet seems to be doing all kinds of other things in the background that slow it down (probably checking e-mail &c).
    Not to mention trying to surf the web. Starting the web browser (I use chrome), it will sometimes take more than a minute before you see anything but a blank screen.
    The newspaper apps that I have: ditto. Granted, the one for the Dutch paper NRC is a little cumbersome in itself -- but still, the time it takes to initialize, or to switch from the Tuesday to the Wednesday paper, is far longer than on the phone.

Anyway, I'm just wondering: is that because the Nexus is a new generation device and is much faster?
    Or is there something wrong with the TFT that makes it slower than it should be?

And will other 10" tablets be an improvement on the 300? Is there anyone who has actual experience with both the TFT300 and another android 10" screen and who can say it's a definite improvement? Because sometimes I think I'd better try another tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I find my Nexus 4 to be more responsive and quicker than my tf700 it is just newer tech I am sure. I installed CROMI-X on my tf700 and it has made a world of difference. Check out the tf300 development section on this site and check it out.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Yes cromi does amazing things to these devices.

I think the major increase in speed from custom Roms comes from the mentality of wiping and restoring data and cache every time you update the ROM. This may seem like a pain at first but once you have developed a routine it becomes very simple especially with the help of root apps like titanium backup and helium backup.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I finally got around to unlocking bootloader, flashing recovery via fastboot, flashing root, then flashing a kitkat recovery so that I could flash cm11 kitkat rom. You should do it too. My browser doesn't lag anymore, it's great!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links