Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What to Do? Get Power Button Repaired or Just Live With It?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicman View Post
    I asked the Asus people about repairing the power button issue. It's been over a year since I purchased this tablet, and I have no complaints. I also have no illusion of blaming anyone other than me for the wear and tear on my tablet. They advised an approximate cost of repair at $75.
    I'm planning on giving them a try in repairing the device.
    Does anyone have a better suggestion?
    Thanks,
    Medicman

Sent from my thing...
    I just sent my tablet in for repairs. The damn thing reboots itself several times a day for about six months and I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't think you are really to blame for the power button.. mine started having trouble only a few months after owning the tablet. Others report the same thing.. so it's more of a design flaw than excessive wear and tear.

The tablet was just received by ASUS and I'll post an update when I hear something back.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicman View Post
    I asked the Asus people about repairing the power button issue. It's been over a year since I purchased this tablet, and I have no complaints. I also have no illusion of blaming anyone other than me for the wear and tear on my tablet. They advised an approximate cost of repair at $75.
    I'm planning on giving them a try in repairing the device.
    Does anyone have a better suggestion?
    Thanks,
    Medicman

Sent from my thing...
    Whe-e-e-w, this is such a personal question! I depends if you're thinking of upgrading any time soon, this would be a great excuse to do so!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey guys, you can fix this problem by your self, read this TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch , is very very simple tio open your tablet, I have used only my fingernails, but before proceed extract SD card if present. Fix consist to re-center the small metal dome on the sticker. It takes me no more then 10 minutes. Any problem disappear, power button work again like new. Before do this I send my tablet to Asus for fix it with RMA, they send me back with the same problem. Ps solving this problem solves battery drain too, because the tablet wake up an shutdown by itself when not used, mine for example could wake up or shutdown while i was shaking it , sometimes I see tablet wake up in the night while i was watching TV and it was on the desk. After i fix it no more of this problem. Its a very stupid problem that probably will re appear in future, but I repeat it's very very very very simple to fix. ps I havn't find any warranty sticker
    Last edited by 3nr1c0; 11-05-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times
    I received my tablet back yesterday. The button is definitely more springy so they must have fixed it. I put in a few hours use and so far no reboot.

Overall, I am very pleased with the process. It took less than two weeks to get it back.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    25 times
    Thanks 3nr1c0. I will keep this info for the future.

Thanks kevgret. I will send mine away to get fixed since it is still under warranty.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    9 times
    As I have the worst track record of repairing anything (other than people, as I'm a Paramedic of 24 years now), I brought my tablet to a local repair shop. They explained that the parts had somehow became dislodged. They simply cleaned the parts, the area, and reassembled with success. I paid 1 hour of labor ($75) and have a successfully repaired tablet. Unfortunately, I've had my tablet well beyond the warranty period, so it is my cost. When considering the use I've had out my TF300, I'm certainly not complaining. The shake to awake app; while helpful, ate the battery within a day without use. While it was a nice stop gap, I uninstalled it as soon as possible. I certainly appreciate its usefulness, but unless completely needed, it was a real drain

Sent from my thing...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevgret View Post
    I received my tablet back yesterday. The button is definitely more springy so they must have fixed it. I put in a few hours use and so far no reboot.

Overall, I am very pleased with the process. It took less than two weeks to get it back.
    I got my power button repaired in June 2013 (last month of warranty). 2 months later its malfunctioned again. Recently it has gone completely bananas (Continuous powers on and off). Going to try and open the tablet up and try to fix it myself.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    25 times
    Finally got around to sending mine in while still under the extended warranty.

I was actually surprised at how well thy fixed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links