Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any sign of Android 4.3 for TF300?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    My TF300T has Android 4.2.2. And it is up to date. Is there really an update up to 4.3?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EmirJanRanara View Post
    My TF300T has Android 4.2.2. And it is up to date. Is there really an update up to 4.3?
    There is not an official update. You can install custom firmware to upgrade to 4.3 or even 4.4 but that is a different story altogether.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    EmirJanRanara likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh. I thought it was official. I was searching for a 4.3 update on the TF300T and couldn't find the official one. So that means, it's created by other people. Thanks! Never knew that! Also, I've been clicking the "Update" button of the device a lot of times and won't download. That's why. Thanks again!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Asus sucks

My thoughts too. I am so disappointed in ASUS. I have a G75V super laptop, its smoking fast with the SSD drive. Because of the lagginess of the TF300 and ASUS failure to update I will NEVER buy another ASUS product. I have seen comments about Samsung bad support, I have had 3 Samsung phones and I think I am getting great support. Looking to buy a S5, have S4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by wvilla View Post
    I bought my 300T because I was not impressed with Samsung and the way they updated the software on the phones and tablets; I was satisfied for a while and I thought I had made the correct decision; however I now see that ASUS has become another manufacturer that cares more about selling new products than caring about present customers and preserving them as future satisfied customers. I will continue using my 300T while it serves my purpose, but will definitely look else where when it comes time to buy a new tablet, possibly a Nexus.
    ASUS you have disappointed me.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Asus once was the best OEM when it came to updates. Obviously something changed within their leadership system to turn that all around. It used to be that tablets would likely receive more updates than phones because it required zero negotiations with the carriers. This seems to be not true. Sansung has now managed to update the more than 2 year old Galaxy S3 to 4.4.2 on all of the carriers.

It seems like the motivations of Samsung and Asus have completely reversed when it comes to updates. I don't believe that Asus has simply "forgotten" these devices either. They are deliberately putting the past behind them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

tlb
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    So disappointed with ASUS. My TF300 is on 4.2.1 and it doesnt appear as though there will be another update. The thing lags terribly, needs reset way too often. It is only 2 years old, even my S3 phone is running 4.4.2. I will be in the market for a new tablet, but will not even look at an ASUS.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    I have moved to cyanogenmod KitKat (nightly release) 4.4 and the tablet performs way better. The official stable release of CM is for Android 4.2 but there is work in progress with 4.4 and i think that's the way we should go. Asus disappointed me, but the CM team keeps this device alive and up to date.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any step by step options to get the 4.4 onto the tf300t? I'm another annoyed tf300t user stuck on 4.2.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulyD691 View Post
    Any step by step options to get the 4.4 onto the tf300t? I'm another annoyed tf300t user stuck on 4.2.
    @PaulyD691
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tkat-roms.html

You will need to read the first 3 posts. KitKat is on the third. I recommend you do a clean flash (as linked) before installing a custom ROM.

______

tmc
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't know if this will help, but I've disabled and uninstalled many of the older system apps ( power hungry/memory hungry apps) I wasn't using. Much like the bloatware which becomes a menace after a while seems to be a problem which mystery apps ballooning the memory and making the tablet a slow poke. Since I've neutered some these apps, my 300 doesn't reboot as often due to the overheating issue/defect. It stinks that 10.6.1.27.5 will be the end of the line with offical firmware updates. I was hoping ASUS would be beter than Archos was... but nope.. 12 to 18 months of firmware support was all she wrote...
    And for that why would consumers be loyal? Samsung or generic brands might get this churn market share. I saw a generic 7" tab for $25 with a microcenter coupon recently. Probably runs rings around the tf300t by now-- dual core 1.5 processors vs quad core 1.2's. Also turbo hardly seems useful for more than 15 mins w/o risking the tablet from overheating & rebooting.
    At least I'm temporarily over switching back to a laptop on my next tablet purchase.. I think If I can wait another year... and the tablet holds out.. that'll be enough to justify buying another tablet. Although.. maybe a windows tab instead of android.. I hear the multi-tasking is miles beyond what android 5 is.. Any thoughts? A year from now might just be m/s's time with tablets..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links