Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any sign of Android 4.3 for TF300?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times
    I've said it before and will say it again.
    Do not buy asus unless it is a nexus device.
    Do not buy a tegra device.

Want multi window? It's native on samsung devices. Check out samsung and just stay away from tegra. Tf101/201/300/700 ...all lag asus devices running on tegra.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Not here!!

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVUTampaAlum View Post
    I've said it before and will say it again.
    Do not buy asus unless it is a nexus device.
    Do not buy a tegra device.

Want multi window? It's native on samsung devices. Check out samsung and just stay away from tegra. Tf101/201/300/700 ...all lag asus devices running on tegra.
    It is amazing the difference between nexus and non nexus Asus. I have a tf300 and a Nexus 7 2013 and the difference is huge. The tf300 is slow and laggy, the Nexus 7 is super fast. The processors aren't hugely different (although the nexus snapdragon is a bit faster), so it must be the software. Its almost as if Asus put all its effort into Nexus because Google was looking over their shoulder, while giving other Asus devices dog software. Its kind of a mad strategy because Google will likely choose other partners for its nexus devices and when they do I will never buy a core Asus product again because of what they did with the TF300.

I am currently waiting for the KitKat ROMs for TF300 to include the keyboard dock functionality before I install a custom ROM and make my TF300 usable again.
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-29-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: forum language guidelines

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glostermeteor View Post
    It is amazing the difference between nexus and non nexus Asus. I have a tf300 and a Nexus 7 2013 and the difference is huge. The tf300 is slow and laggy, the Nexus 7 is super fast. The processors aren't hugely different (although the nexus snapdragon is a bit faster), so it must be the software. Its almost as if Asus put all its effort into Nexus because Google was looking over their shoulder, while giving other Asus devices dog software. Its kind of a mad strategy because Google will likely choose other partners for its nexus devices and when they do I will never buy a core Asus product again because of what they did with the TF300.

I am currently waiting for the KitKat ROMs for TF300 to include the keyboard dock functionality before I install a custom ROM and make my TF300 usable again.
    What's parts of the dock are you waiting for to work ? All keys, even top row works on the latest cm11 builds. Omnirom still does not show second battery but it is indeed functioning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-29-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    What's parts of the dock are you waiting for to work ? All keys, even top row works on the latest cm11 builds. Omnirom still does not show second battery but it is indeed functioning.

Hi Gtanner, I tried CM11 but it seemed a bit laggy, not as bad at stock 4.2.1, but still laggy. OmniROM seemed lightning fast but I need the top row dock keys to work as I like to deactivate the touchpad when I'm doing serious typing. As soon as the dock keys are working on Omni I'm sold.

Still majorly pissed with Asus though giving us flawed software. It shouldn't take a major custom dev effort to get a lag free experience, that's what we pay Asus for!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Hi Gtanner, I tried CM11 but it seemed a bit laggy, not as bad at stock 4.2.1, but still laggy. OmniROM seemed lightning fast but I need the top row dock keys to work as I like to deactivate the touchpad when I'm doing serious typing. As soon as the dock keys are working on Omni I'm sold.

Still majorly pissed with Asus though giving us flawed software. It shouldn't take a major custom dev effort to get a lag free experience, that's what we pay Asus for!
    I think that scanno is waiting for omnirom to approve the dock keys for nightlies. In the mean time, have you tried his home builds? They have all if the latest features.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I think that scanno is waiting for omnirom to approve the dock keys for nightlies. In the mean time, have you tried his home builds? They have all if the latest features.

Will give that a go, thanks!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    13 times

LOL, I've got the 2012 Nexus 7. Practically the same machine as the TF300... same resolution, same processor (just a few Mhz difference) and the Nexus 7 is much smoother than the TF300. It's also running Andoird 4.4.

My Samsung Galaxy 3, on Cricket, is running a officially android 4.3 release, for goodness sakes!

Yeah, it's pretty sad that ASUS couldn't bring 4.4 to the TF300.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Some tricks to the lag problems, all of which require root:

Use ROM Toolbox Lite's app manager, and be ruthless! Just taking out the Google bloatware will make a significant difference. Get rid of anything you don't need, but of course "when in doubt, chicken out!"

Since you have ROM Toolbox Lite installed, use their Startup Manager. I was shocked at how much stuff runs all the time unless you prevent it--surprising the poor little Tegra had time to look at screen inputs or anything like that. More processor idle time = less lag (also longer battery life).

One word (if it's a word): Browser2RAM. Completely different experience Web surfing, especially with the stock Android browser.

BTW you do not need to unlock to root the 300. Kingo Root (a Windows app) works well. Be sure to open SuperSU and set it to grant permissions during boot.

Happy tablets!

--Kevin

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought my 300T because I was not impressed with Samsung and the way they updated the software on the phones and tablets; I was satisfied for a while and I thought I had made the correct decision; however I now see that ASUS has become another manufacturer that cares more about selling new products than caring about present customers and preserving them as future satisfied customers. I will continue using my 300T while it serves my purpose, but will definitely look else where when it comes time to buy a new tablet, possibly a Nexus.
    ASUS you have disappointed me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links