Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any sign of Android 4.3 for TF300?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spero View Post
    If Asus is not going to support tf300 that their still selling, then I guess I'm done buying Asus products.
    Same here. I don't know if Asus realises or cares that it is losing customers by shoving out buggy products. My wife was thinking about buying the Transformer TF701 as an upgrade to her old iPad, until I lent her my TF300 while away on business. She said it seemed VERY laggy compared to her iPad and that she is probably now just going to buy a new iPad rather than buying an Asus. The iPad is not perfect by any means, and you cannot do anywhere near what you can do with a Transformer, but at least Apple's products are pretty snappy, the lag on the TF300 is completely unacceptable and should have been fixed a long time ago. It is clearly buggy software rather than hardware issues as games seem to run absolutely fine, its when browsing or navigating the OS that things lag.

The usual workarounds such as doing a factory reset are not acceptable. I am not going to waste another 4 hours of my time copying my 32 GB of files off and on again and then spend another hour doing the reset to get temporary relief that might last a week at most. Unless they fix this this will be the last Asus product I ever buy.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    I couldnt agree with you more. Got a tf700 but same principle. I resorted to cromi rom. Works great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by geniv View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. Got a tf700 but same principle. I resorted to cromi rom. Works great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi,

Do you know if cygenomode (spelling?) Rom fixes the problem as well.

I was considering that.

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by geniv View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. Got a tf700 but same principle. I resorted to cromi rom. Works great.....
    I cannot confirm this for TF300T. CROMI-X ROM cannot replace StockROM as far as stability is concerned. I had several reboots with this customROM. So the choice for me was to use the rocksolide StockROM which sometimes is a bit laggy or a faster and slimer customROM with sudden reboots. That is why I decided for Stock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    cm11 kitkat. do it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    9 times
    If Asus has dropped support I think it's time for me to root and stick Cyanogenmod on it. Not the sexiest ROM out there but well supported and added YEARS to the life of my ancient Viewsonic G Tablet (now doing duty as a digital photo frame). I just wish there was final word that support is over.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swerver View Post
    cm11 kitkat. do it.
    Can you tell me what will I gain if I install cm11 in TF300? I have unlocked bootloader, rooted tablet and I have installed the known patch to speed up browser (by using RAM as cache). So actually I believe there is nothing really important to gain from cm11, instead of just being able to say that I have kit kat. My tablet runs super fast without any lag, and it has this super launcher from Asus with the perfect notification bar. The Android standard I hate it!

However, I am really thinking of moving to cm11. Could you have some time to convince me? ;-)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    9 times
    Android 4.4 which CM11 is based on is supposed to be less resource intensive overall. I'm looking more forward to all apps being ART compatible. With reduced system overhead and native apps, older tablets should all get a breathe of fresh air. I'm running CM11 Nightly on my TF300 and it appears to be rock solid so far.

tmc
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times

tablet dev

Quote Originally Posted by ConfuciusTse View Post
    Android 4.4 which CM11 is based on is supposed to be less resource intensive overall. I'm looking more forward to all apps being ART compatible. With reduced system overhead and native apps, older tablets should all get a breathe of fresh air. I'm running CM11 Nightly on my TF300 and it appears to be rock solid so far.
    Apparently, Asus is taking a page from Archos and other companies about DELAYING OS support. Imagine if Microsoft ever did this.. they'd not be the company they are today. I still do not like the was the ASUS tablet bloats apps into memory and turns the current foreground app into molasses. All the while it could play an audio stream flawlessly. PFFT!

IMO, if tablets don't get multi-app on-screen multitasking & better stability on ALL technical spec'd tablets, it might end up being game, set match for Android and customers will go back to Microsoft or Apple again. Tablet MFG'ers have an obligation to push Google on this development, and SOON!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    I really liked my TF300 for about the first year. After that , it became a slow pig. Tried the reboots and resets which would improve performance for a while, but shortly thereafter it would return to its old ways. Initially, I was impressed with Asus since it seemed they updated the software frequently, but no more.

Unfortunately, I'm done with Asus in general. I seriously considered Asus when buying my new laptop recently, but the bad taste from the TF300 stopped me. Disappointing.

Rich
    ColdMug likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links