Thread: Refurbished tf300

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times

Refurbished tf300

I was perusing the internet for TF300 pricing and came across "refurbished" TF300 offered by Walmart for $249. The internet site shows an icon for their "protection plan" but further reading of the site is apparently copied from the ASUS writeup, where it clearly states that the unit has a 1 year ASUS warranty and "in the box" is a manual, an adapter and plug, a warranty card and a cleaning cloth (big deal). I assumed, reading the info on the site, that since this description is provided that the refurbishment and warranty is per ASUS (similar to say Apple or Amazon on their Kindles). Just got the tablet and right on cover it says "90 limited warranty", the box is unlabeled, there is no manual and the adapter/plug just not seem to be ASUS original. All in all, I guess I got what I paid for but have a big issue with Walmart on the truthfulness of their site (NO MENTION OF 90 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY ON INTERNET SITE DESCRIPTION--Only a reference to their protection plan and the ASUS words from their description as copied onto the internet site. I have contacted Walmart and the only way I would consider keeping the tablet is if they give me their 3 year protection plan free of charge given the fact that they, IMO, misrepresented their internet ad (if I was a lawyer I would probably follow up further in a legal sense). Questions: How good are these refurbish units?, How good are these non-mfgr paper insurance protection plans? If they give me the 3 years, would you still purchase the unit.
    I told them that if I am spending $249 for the tab and then $40 or so for protection, I am at a price close to a new unit with ASUS backup--what good is that kind of deal--that is why I am insisting on the 3 year protection free of charge--that is if it is worth the paper it is written on.
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    90 day warranty on Refurbished is the standard for the Asus tablets. They are actually pretty good as they are individually checked and setup when being refurbished, as opposed to rolling off an assembly line.

Don't know about the rest of yer post. Yes the ad sounds misleading -bad copy - Good luck with Wally Mart.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I would spend those 90 days carefully testing out every part of the system. Check for dead pixels, power button sensitivity, random reboots, hdmi connection, Micro-sd card, bluebook, gas and whatever else you can think of. Assuming you don't talk to a bad asus employee if you send it in for repair, you should get a quick and quality service experience IMO (there are other people who would disagree on that but I am speaking from my experience)

I hope you do get compensation from Walmart it may have just been an error rather than a misleading description but it is unfair to you being the customer.
    Spacebridge likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    84 times
    I agree with Gtanner00 and give it the run through for those 90 days which is plenty time to put her to the test.
    Me personally never cared for the word refurbished as it makes me nervous but if I had it in my hand and was giving it the once over then I'd go with my gut feeling because your guts never wrong so just trust your gut and again 3 months should tell you if you want your cash back....good luck andyless I hope it all works out

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    90 times
    You can get a refurb with the dock for $279 from Woot.

Tablets & Accessories
    Swipe likes this.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie - Wanna Make Something Of It?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer TF300 (with dock)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    90 day warranty on Refurbished is the standard for the Asus tablets. They are actually pretty good as they are individually checked and setup when being refurbished, as opposed to rolling off an assembly line.

Don't know about the rest of yer post. Yes the ad sounds misleading -bad copy - Good luck with Wally Mart.
    You knew 90 days on refurb was the standard. Now I know that 90 days on refurb is standard. Still do not know who the "refurbishee" is; unlike Apple, where "refurbishee" is Apple or someone close enough that would allow Apple to still give you a 1 year Apple warranty. Same thing can happen on Amazon who give their 1 year on refurb Kindles. Just the idea that 90 days is never mentioned is bothersome and just registers a warning in my head; I returned tablet this morning after no further comments from Walmart via email, without even looking at it or pushing buttons for full refund--no questions asked--Walmart is at least good on this aspect. For $295 I can get a new ASUS with 1 year ASUS warranty. For $250 plus $24 in sales tax and about $36 for 2 year Walmart guarantee piece of paper (total $310) I get a question mark on quality and $15 more in cost--seems like a no-brainer to me. The old adages "you get what you pay for" or "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is not" still are wise advice.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    aa mj.jpg

I'm just sayin...

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andyless View Post
    You knew 90 days on refurb was the standard. Now I know that 90 days on refurb is standard. Still do not know who the "refurbishee" is; unlike Apple, where "refurbishee" is Apple or someone close enough that would allow Apple to still give you a 1 year Apple warranty. Same thing can happen on Amazon who give their 1 year on refurb Kindles. Just the idea that 90 days is never mentioned is bothersome and just registers a warning in my head; I returned tablet this morning after no further comments from Walmart via email, without even looking at it or pushing buttons for full refund--no questions asked--Walmart is at least good on this aspect. For $295 I can get a new ASUS with 1 year ASUS warranty. For $250 plus $24 in sales tax and about $36 for 2 year Walmart guarantee piece of paper (total $310) I get a question mark on quality and $15 more in cost--seems like a no-brainer to me. The old adages "you get what you pay for" or "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is not" still are wise advice.
    Any refurbished units sold through Wal-Mart, Office Depot, and those types of retailers are refurbished by Asus. They come from our factories and the serial number is re-branded with a refurbished serial number. It's rare that the reseller will refurbish it themselves so I think it's safe to assume that units sold on any reputable site has been refurbished through us.

I have seen seller-refurbished tablets, but only on eBay; and the seller will usually indicate this. Refurbs. come with a 90 day warranty through us and an overlap of however long the reseller gives. It will vary from place to place but you will always have 90 days through us. User-refurbished items, since it never got the serial number re-branded, are considered used items when it comes to warranty purposes. Even if it has been "refurbished" by the user/seller, the warranty is still the original one-year. So definitely make sure it is not a seller-refurbished item when you buy it.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Any refurbished units sold through Wal-Mart, Office Depot, and those types of retailers are refurbished by Asus. They come from our factories and the serial number is re-branded with a refurbished serial number. It's rare that the reseller will refurbish it themselves so I think it's safe to assume that units sold on any reputable site has been refurbished through us.

I have seen seller-refurbished tablets, but only on eBay; and the seller will usually indicate this. Refurbs. come with a 90 day warranty through us and an overlap of however long the reseller gives. It will vary from place to place but you will always have 90 days through us. User-refurbished items, since it never got the serial number re-branded, are considered used items when it comes to warranty purposes. Even if it has been "refurbished" by the user/seller, the warranty is still the original one-year. So definitely make sure it is not a seller-refurbished item when you buy it.
    Would it have been too much to ask for all of this wonderful information to be made available to a Walmart internet customer or, for that matter, any similar internet customer looking at these refurbished units. Just tell me 90 days. From what is written above, my understanding is that it still has a 1 year warranty from ASUS--if so where the heck was the warranty card, where was the manual, and quite frankly, I do not believe that the adapter/charger and cord were original equipment--they just looked like they were from a second source, which flies in the face of ASUS comments about being sure you charge with original equipment lest you damage batteries.
    PS: Ended up purchasing through Amazon with their credit card----Bottom line ~$250--same price as refurb for a new unit!!!! Out of pocket at this time made total price about $25 less than the Walmart refurb, which required the payment of sales tax up front.
    Last edited by andyless; 06-19-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andyless View Post
    Would it have been too much to ask for all of this wonderful information to be made available to a Walmart internet customer or, for that matter, any similar internet customer looking at these refurbished units. Just tell me 90 days. From what is written above, my understanding is that it still has a 1 year warranty from ASUS--if so where the heck was the warranty card, where was the manual, and quite frankly, I do not believe that the adapter/charger and cord were original equipment--they just looked like they were from a second source, which flies in the face of ASUS comments about being sure you charge with original equipment lest you damage batteries.
    PS: Ended up purchasing through Amazon with their credit card----Bottom line ~$250--same price as refurb for a new unit!!!! Out of pocket at this time made total price about $25 less than the Walmart refurb, which required the payment of sales tax up front.
    Any device refurbished by Asus comes with a 90 day warranty period, starting from the date of purchase. This is the same on all of our refurbished devices, and it's up to the reseller to relay this information to our customers. The resellers/retailers know the terms and conditions, and they really should be supplying the proper information. I do apologize if you were not given this information at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart sells Asus refurbished units, so it does not get a full one year warranty. I do know that there should be some sort of paperwork inside the refurbished box from us, stating that it is refurbished and that it comes with a 90 day limited warranty. The charger and cable that come with the device are original Asus accessories. They are, most likely, refurbished also; but we would not include a third party charger with our products.

I went to walmart.com and the Refurbished TF300 product page does say "1 Year ASUS North America Warranty" under its features section. I will see if I can get in contact with an account manager to reach out to them and get this corrected.
    Spacebridge and Swipe like this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links