Thread: Screen Failure

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Screen Failure

Has anyone had a screen failure? My TF300T's screen failed. Just black with a bit of lighter black bars flickering (HDMI worked but touch screen aren't easy when you cannot see what or where to tap).

I called Asus and they asked me to re-boot the tablet. When I said that I had already done that the clerk just offered up an RMA number. It only took a week for it to return, so good service there.

Here's the thing, the screen that came back doesn't seem to be as nice as the original. It doesn't seem to get as bright and the colours are just not the same - to my eyes anyways. It just doesn't jump off the screen anymore. I'll compare it a friends TF300 soon to be sure.

Does anyone have any experience with Asus repairs? Is it possible they do not use the original parts?

Don't get me wrong, the device works as well as always and the RMA process was smooth as silk.

Just wondering - I might be all wrong on this.

Thanks,

V

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Not sure if it's or if there is, idneed, something off with your replacement scree. But I just wanted to say that we do use original replacement parts in our repairs.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    But I just wanted to say that we do use original replacement parts in our repairs.
    Do you know if Asus screens are from a single source? Just curiosity on my part. The Palm Tungsten T3 PDA[*], for example, came with screens from at least two different sources, Sanyo and Sony. I have one of each. The Sony one has a much warmer colour (less blue) than the Sanyo screen. Incidentally the first thing I noticed when I bought my new TF700T is that its screen has a visibly colder colour temperature than the screen on my TF201 which I bought last year.

-Tor
    [*]The T3 was actually built for Palm by Asus if my memory serves me correctly.
    Last edited by Tor; 06-07-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info. It's probably just me. That being said it might be a colour temperature thing as Tor mentioned. Still works well, and as I said the whole process was simple and quite easy with a quick turnaround.

V

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links