Thread: TF300T Encryption unsuccessful

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

TF300T Encryption unsuccessful

My TF300T bricked while loading a known good website. Has not been rooted. Keep getting Encryption unsuccessful. Tried Vol+pwr reboot, hard reboot, everything same results. Only had the tab 2 weeks any suggestions.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2563 times
    Welcome to the forum

My recommendation....
    1. Do a Factory Reset & wipe the device
    2. Return it to your retailer for a replacement

Don't waste time on it - at 2 weeks old you should just be enjoying your new device, not having to cope with this sort of disappointment.

Let us know how you get on.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Took it back to Wally World got a refund ordered another one.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Tylor,

Thanks for this. I recognise that it is an old post. I've recently received a TF300TG handed down and after one day of working it gave me the encryption unsuccessful error. So then I tried your steps (method B) a couple of times but it is not working. I am not sure what Android was on the tablet to begin with so not sure which Asus ROM to download. I am on SKU WW I am pretty sure (seen it on the box and on the recovery screen). Used a 2Gb SD card but it does not work.

Anything else I can look out for that I might be doing wrong? Does the keyboard dock have to be connected to the tablet? Is there any other way to access the tablet to fix this? I am in South Africa and I suppose next step would be to call Asus here but I don't think that will help.

Thanks for your kind time.
    Thinus.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    500 times
    The encryption unsuccessful error is an indicator for a corrupted data partition. The system cannot read or mount /data and assumes it's encrypted.
    You could try solving this by using the Wipe Data command from the bootloader menu: Power +Vol Down until you see the screen with 3 or 4 icons, use Vol Down to move to Wipe Data, then Vol Up to execute.
    This thread is about the TF300T - not the TF300TG. So I am not entirely sure it works the same. Most likely it does, but I cannot be sure since I've never tried it.
    You did download the correct firmware? It should be WW 10.6.2.11. That is the last update Asus has on it's website.
    Doesn't really matter what you have on there now. You can flash the same firmware or an update to your current one with this method. You only cannot downgrade this way.
    Other than that check the most likley culprits:
    microSD is not fat32
    firmware not extracted once or renamed incorrectly - make sure you can see file extensions in Windows and that you did not add a double extension like .zip.zip
    TF700 on ZOMBi-POP 5.1 (Lollipop 5.x) TF701 on ZOMBi-POP (Lollipop 5.1.1) HTC M8 on CleanROM 4.x (LP 5.0.1)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinus View Post
    Hi Tylor,

Thanks for this. I recognise that it is an old post. I've recently received a TF300TG handed down and after one day of working it gave me the encryption unsuccessful error. So then I tried your steps (method B) a couple of times but it is not working. I am not sure what Android was on the tablet to begin with so not sure which Asus ROM to download. I am on SKU WW I am pretty sure (seen it on the box and on the recovery screen). Used a 2Gb SD card but it does not work.

Anything else I can look out for that I might be doing wrong? Does the keyboard dock have to be connected to the tablet? Is there any other way to access the tablet to fix this? I am in South Africa and I suppose next step would be to call Asus here but I don't think that will help.

Thanks for your kind time.
    Thinus.
    Sorry you are having problems.

There are four suggestions/reminders I can make.

1. Make sure you are using a micro SD card I serted into the side of the tablet. The recovery cannot read cards that are in the keyboard dock.
    2. The card needs to be formated as FAT32. In Windows and OS X you can check the system properties of the card and reformat if necessary.
    3. The file you download needs to match both the sku and device you own. Yoi cab double check your model and firmware by looking at the text in the top left of the bootloader. If you have a tf300tg then you can't load tf300t firmware.
    4. The firmware file downloaded from asus must be unzipped and renamed exactly as explained in the instructions. You are going to take the tf300tg firmware and name it to what the guide says for tf300

Hope that one of these things will be helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes made as a result of the keybord- I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back in a few days or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!________________Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 4

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    500 times
    Hi Gtanner00,
    we haven't done this in a while.... great minds think alike
    TF700 on ZOMBi-POP 5.1 (Lollipop 5.x) TF701 on ZOMBi-POP (Lollipop 5.1.1) HTC M8 on CleanROM 4.x (LP 5.0.1)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Hi Gtanner00,
    we haven't done this in a while.... great minds think alike
    Yeah. Guess I got ninja'd

Asus used the same stock recovery on all the tf300s and memo pad smart (all bundled with different firmware versions) that recovery should accept firmware renamed for the tf300 as long as the actual file inside is actually for the specific device.

I think it's really strange that the recovery won't simply accept the zip files as is and that you need to unzip as well as rename them in order for the recovery to recognize them. Seems like a big oversight from asus. Then again, they would prefer you sent the tablet in to them so they can charge you for it.

Makes you wonder who first figured out the procedure. Probably came from one of the more helpful Asus reps back in the day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes made as a result of the keybord- I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back in a few days or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!________________Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much droidbound,

My microSD is FAT32 and I have double checked the file naming. I have the latest firmware version and have tried the wipe as well. My only conclusion then is that this method does not work on the TG model. So depressing... don't know what else to try--any ideas? Any other forum I can post this on? Maybe a different topic? A search did not yield much on the TG model. Maybe I must just try again...

Thanks again,
    Thinus.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gtanner00

Much appreciated. I double checked and I am sure that I have downloaded the correct software from Asus (for the TG model). All is on the level. I think I must try again. Is it possible that the TG model would have some kind of step in-between that could cause the method not to work? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thoroughly frustrating.

Thanks again for your kindness.
    Thinus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links