Thread: Gyroscope or Tilt Issue

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times

Gyroscope or Tilt Issue

Hi everyone! This is my first time here. I have a tf300 asus tab, a red one. I've been using it for almost 2.5 months already.

My issue is when i play games using gyro or tilt (temple run, highway rider, racing moto), on a normal landscape (or even in portrait) mode, the tendency for the the car/motorcycle/human in the game is to go left (slightly not abruptly). Does anyone know how to calibrate the gyroscope?

Thanks!
    kitkat likes this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

There is an app called Gyroscope Rotate which allows for testing, I believe, but as far as calibration is concerned, the only thing I have ever come across is to turn your device on while leaving it on a perfectly flat surface.

It's not that common an issue, to my knowledge.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined us.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    I hate to break the bad news but, It is unfortunately a VERY COMMON defect and problem with the tf300. About 10-20% of tf300 actually has this problem but the degree of miscalibrated accelerometerr varies from 1degrees up to 30 degrees.
    I was also an unfortunate owner of a defective TF300TG. When i first got my tf300tg, i noticed my accelerometer was tilted by 10degrees to the Right (causing most games/app/wallpaper to tilt to the LEFT). I ve searched online everywhere and the problem is VERY COMMON among the TF300. All those affected are tilted to the right as well. Most ppl notices it in games. Those that has a tilt of <5 degrees wont realize it until they turn on their live wallpaper that uses the accelerometer. So far, only way to get it fix is to return ur TF300 to change the entire motherboard BUT so far all who changes their motherboard never got a 100% perfect calibrated accelerometer.
    I've sent mine back for a motherboard replacement and was returned with a miscalibration of only 1-2degrees to the right. 1-2 degrees is a small imperfection for a phone, but it can be pretty obvious for a tablet. Seeing no1 was returned with a 100% perfect calibration, i just accepted my product as it is...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

There is an app called Gyroscope Rotate which allows for testing, I believe, but as far as calibration is concerned, the only thing I have ever come across is to turn your device on while leaving it on a perfectly flat surface.

It's not that common an issue, to my knowledge.
    Hi Janner, i downloaded the app. Apparently it is just an app that corrects the gyro in the app itself and not in the hardware of the tab. It doesn't solve the "tilting" as i am still experiencing it while playing games. Thanks for the suggestion though..

-rank

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTee View Post
    I hate to break the bad news but, It is unfortunately a VERY COMMON defect and problem with the tf300. About 10-20% of tf300 actually has this problem but the degree of miscalibrated accelerometerr varies from 1degrees up to 30 degrees.
    I was also an unfortunate owner of a defective TF300TG. When i first got my tf300tg, i noticed my accelerometer was tilted by 10degrees to the Right (causing most games/app/wallpaper to tilt to the LEFT). I ve searched online everywhere and the problem is VERY COMMON among the TF300. All those affected are tilted to the right as well. Most ppl notices it in games. Those that has a tilt of <5 degrees wont realize it until they turn on their live wallpaper that uses the accelerometer. So far, only way to get it fix is to return ur TF300 to change the entire motherboard BUT so far all who changes their motherboard never got a 100% perfect calibrated accelerometer.
    I've sent mine back for a motherboard replacement and was returned with a miscalibration of only 1-2degrees to the right. 1-2 degrees is a small imperfection for a phone, but it can be pretty obvious for a tablet. Seeing no1 was returned with a 100% perfect calibration, i just accepted my product as it is...
    Hey FluffyTee! Thanks for the info. It really breaks my heart to hear that. Mine is roughly 6-8 degrees tilted to the right (my original post should be tilted to the right instead of left). Do you suggest that i should return my tablet to asus for a replacement? To be honest, it is not that of an issue since i do not play games that uses gyro most of the time but when i really play, it's really obvious.

-rank

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Well if it doesnt bother u much, and the trouble of changing the hardware outweights the benefit, then don bother, as high chances they will return urs still miscalibrated to some to some degree.
    But if u do intend to get a better calibrated accelerometer, u should get it changed soon as possible. the tf300 series are now considered obsolete by asus and spare parts are running out soon. I changed mine in early january 2013 and was told they had no more motherboard for it and had to order from the factory as many ppl has already came and replaced their tf300 motherboard.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    12 times
    I have had an occasional game not respond right but most of them do. And all testing I have done with various apps indicates no problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for the response guys. I will try to call asus and ask them about the problem. My other problem is that i bought the transformer online. I dont have the receipt but i have the warranty card. I will just call asus to clarify this. Big thanks guys!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    12 times
    Another good way to test is to download the TEGRA3 ONLY APP: Glowball.
    A pretty weak game but a great way to test the gyro. It's the only game I've ever seen that lets you calibrate your gyro specifically for the game.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links