Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Finger print under gorilla glass?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2100 times
    Hi viper

If I read the posts above correctly, then you have owned your tf300 for over 8 months now - I think, in this case, I would not pursue the matter further with Asus - they have not accepted your claim & are extremely unlikely to change their position. I don't think you have any chance of getting Currys to do anything, either, give that period of time. To be honest, neither would I try to claim on your gadget insurance, even if they do agree that the mark is covered (which they may not) - the 50 excess alone would be enough to put me off. I think I would be more likely to sell the tf300 & move on (CeX would give you around 200 for it) - or just put up with the mark for another few months & then move it on.

All the best
    sculptedstylus likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Hi viper

If I read the posts above correctly, then you have owned your tf300 for over 8 months now - I think, in this case, I would not pursue the matter further with Asus - they have not accepted your claim & are extremely unlikely to change their position. I don't think you have any chance of getting Currys to do anything, either, give that period of time. To be honest, neither would I try to claim on your gadget insurance, even if they do agree that the mark is covered (which they may not) - the 50 excess alone would be enough to put me off. I think I would be more likely to sell the tf300 & move on (CeX would give you around 200 for it) - or just put up with the mark for another few months & then move it on.

All the best
    I'm a little confused here. Does a product have a 6 month or a 12 month warranty? Why should I not pursue the matter with Asus if the device is 8 months old? I think some of you guys don't believe me when I say that I did not do anything to cause this so why should I just accept defeat? It's easier for some of you to say give up but if you spent 400 on a so called premium tablet then you would surely expect better. I still haven't heard anything back from Asus.
    Last edited by vipergrm; 02-13-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vipergrm View Post
    I'm a little confused here. Does a product have a 6 month or a 12 month warranty? Why should I not pursue the matter with Asus if the device is 8 months old? I think some of you guys don't believe me when I say that I did not do anything to cause this so why should I just accept defeat? It's easier for some of you to say give up but if you spent 400 on a so called premium tablet then you would surely expect better. I still haven't heard anything back from Asus.
    I do take your point However, Asus have not accepted your claim for a manufacturing defect - by all means carry on trying to get them to fix the problem under warranty if you feel you want to.

I can't speak for others, but I have no reason to doubt your word, at all. My comment was simply based on an assessment of the "hassle factor". If you do decide to pursue the matter further, then clearly assuming Asus do not change their mind (if they do, then smiles all 'round) - the first thing to do is to get your tf300 back again.

Then your next course of action is to base any claim on your legal contract, which is not with Asus, but is with Currys. Then, as the device is older than 6 months, if they refuse to take any action themselves after you have attempted to return the device to them as faulty, you are left with the Small Claims Court & UK consumer legislation where you will have to prove in court that the fault was a manufacturing defect & was present (but not noticed) when you first bought the device.

My advice in post #41 was simply my take on things - if it were me. You may well feel differently & of course, that is completely up to you.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 02-13-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    vipergrm likes this.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you for the reply janner43. Much appreciate. Asus have come back to me and they are not budging. You're right. It is too much hassle and I've decided to accept a return. This leaves me with two options:

1) Replace the screen myself. I've seen LCD screens going for around 50 but I'm not sure how daunting a task it will be.
    2) Sell it on as is.

This is the last Asus product I will ever buy simply because the way that they have handled this. There is no consistency with their returns policy. It's a shame because I will miss the keyboard dock especially. Thank you to all on this forum for your feeback and ideas. I do appreciate the positive and negative comments. Cheers all!
    eejit likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    421 times
    If it is just a fingerprint under the glass, you may be able to cean it off instead of replacing the screen. But it does look pretty ugly, so I guess there is a good chance it isn't and it will not just wipe away.
    I think your frustration is understandable, it is always aggravating when we don't get the customer service that we feel we deserved.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2100 times
    I completely understand your feelings, viper. Again, if it were me, I would get it back, wipe it & then pop to the closest Cash Converters or CeX & get a firm price for the combo as is when you receive it back. You could also try a visit to your local Currys - they may well accept it back & offer a credit note for part value or give you an even better price against a different device - spending money with them has got to have its attractions from their point of view & it has got to be worth a try.

At least then you will have a firm cash value to go with - if you do fancy changing the screen yourself, then there is a sticky thread in tf300 help that covers the entire process.

Good luck with the decision making - you face a bit of a head scratcher, really.
    Swipe likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Here we are over two weeks later and Asus still haven't even returned it yet. I've chased them several times now and I get the same old nonsense. They're an absolute disgrace of a company.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Now I'm completely at a loss. I called Asus Support today again and now they are telling me that the device is in the final stages of repair? I've received no such information to suggest this. I was advised that I should receive a call-back within 48hrs to confirm the whereabouts of the Transformer and if it actually has been repaired. I'm not counting my chickens just yet as I wouldn't at all be surprised of this was inaccurate.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    421 times
    Lol you kinda have to laugh to keep from becoming homicidal.
    vipergrm likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    28 times
    LOL, i hope that you get your transformer back soon. Fixed. That would sure be sweet.

Chuck
    vipergrm likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads