Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Battery life and external battery

Dear friends.

I've just got my asus tf300 and I have a few questions about battery life. The first time I charged my device for 8 hours at it's stated in the user's manual. But I'm a little worried about how much time I'm getting from my tf300. I have to say that I've drained the battery completely and recharged only two times, and I think I'm getting between 5.5 and six hours. The gps and bluetooth are turned off and the screen is set with about 10-15 brightness. I turn off the wifi when I'm not using it and sometimes I play shadow gun online. But I've noticed that as soon as the screen turns on, the battery starts draining automatically, like 20% every hour, even if the wifi and notifications are not active. Is this normal? Also, every time I check how much each battery each part and application of the device is using, the numbers will always go like:Screen: 86% or always above 90%. Tablet idle:10% Amdroid system: 2% wifi: 2%. Are these numbers correct?

I've also heard about external batteries. Does anyone know how they work? Do they replace the function of the internal battery while using them, do they supply power to the internal battery, etc.? I don't own a dock station by the way. Thanks in advance

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    The problem with trying to compare figures with other users is that they are just an indication of what used the battery ie., in your case they're telling you that of the power taken from the battery 86% was consumed by the screen. In the case of my TF101 it's showing that the screen and WiFi each consumed 34% (I leave WiFi on all the time).

This doesn't mean my screen consumed any less power than yours did - it might even have consumed more - but what it is saying is that WiFi and the screen both consumed about the same amount. If you want to reduce the percentage consumed by your screen, leave WiFi turned on - the screen won't use any less power than it does already, but the percentage will be less.

None of this much help in identifying what (if anything) might be consuming abnormal amounts of power - the only way to check this in useful terms is to use one of the enhanced battery monitoring apps from the market (or other source) that can identify things like CPUs not going into sleep mode when the screen is off and which apps are causing this to happen.

As for external batteries, so long as they provide between 12 and 15 volts to the tablet the internal battery will be charged from the external battery, so not only will your internal battery not be used, but it will be fully (or close to) charged when you do unplug the external battery.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the answer. Another thing. As I said before, I'm getting something like 6 or 6 and a half hours of battery life. I use it mostly to play some games online, watch movies and browse. Is that amount of time right, or I should get more?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1224 times
    I'll refer you to the Battery Use Guide - linked below. Your battery use seems a bit shorter than average. The guide might help you investigate best practices regarding your battery... I recently posted some battery life reviews.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links