Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Post TF300 - MobileDock Drains my Tablet Battery at a faster rate

Hello all.

I'm a long-time ASUS fan, and a owner of Transformers since they first came out. I recently got my TF300 back from warranty repair, and its working awesomely (it had a shattered screen + touch sensors fried). Before I sent it off, I updated it to Jelly Bean and when it came back I did a factory reset to make sure everything was clean, a fresh install of Android 4.1.1.

Anyway, overall I'm getting great performance. However, my Keyboard Dock isn't really up to snuff. All of its key functions (no pun intended) work perfectly - SD/USB, the keyboard, etc., but its having an adverse affect on my tablet's battery. Whenever I dock the tablet into the keyboard, it starts charging the Transformer - but it only charges it about 20% - 30-35%, at most. Then, it causes the tablet to drain at a high rate, regardless of whether or not its in sleep. While in sleep, I'm guessing...5% every 25 minutes? At least? More like 20 minutes.

Is this normal? I seriously doubt it. I hate docking the tablet because I don't want the battery to drain (the irony, I know!). I love the Transformer, always have - but I really want this issue fixed. I've toggled on all the power saving features for the Keyboard dock, but that doesn't help. I've tested to make sure that the dock is, in fact, sleeping when I sleep the tablet (a keypress doesn't wake up the tablet).

I use a face-reg security lock, if that makes any difference. As mentioned, I'm running stock Jelly Bean (4.1.1). No apps that would do anything like this, that I know of.

Thanks for your help!
    Walkop

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hmmmmm... Just a suggestion -- Charge the tablet separately to 100%, charge the dock seperately to 100% - dock the tablet and perform a cold boot - procedure is in the Master Help Guide below.

See what happens at that point. There is a link to Battery Use in my signature which if I recall correctly has some information on the charging differences between the various Transformer models.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I will do that, thanks for the tip. Sleep time here in Ontario, I'll reply with the results tomorrow!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: TF300 - MobileDock Drains my Tablet Battery at a faster rate

I know this is a bit old now, but I wanted to say that ever since the recharge and cold boot that my TF300 and dock are working much better as regards battery life. Kudos!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a refurbished keyboard dock a few months ago for the extra battery + screen cover and it worked great...except for the power drain.
    i used the keyboard so infrequently that I didn't even notice that the keyboard would drain itself. I just discovered that it did drain and when googling it, i discovered that this is an old, wide-spread issue.

after some researching, I figured out why mine was draining. The keyboard was on waiting for input to wake the tablet! BUT, not just the keyboard, the touchpad was also on! I discovered that I had to turn off my touch pad (there's a key on the top left of the keyboard) + enable the powersave feature to disable keyboard wake in settings.

now, a full day in standby only drains my tablet a few % while my keyboard is at 99%!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links