Thread: Asus TF300: A great disappointment

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times

Re: Asus TF300: A great disappointment

Wow. Some comments really of base. Designed to funnel money to Google? What?

The real issue lies in Asus qa / testing of the upgrade. The 101 and 201 upgrade from hc to ics was even worse. I look forward to the 300 owners finishing up their beta testing of ics to JB so my 101 upgrade will hopefully go smooth. But.... even when that upgrade happens I will wait at least a few days to ensure it is not a rinse and repeat of hc to ics.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVUTampaAlum View Post
    Wow. Some comments really of base. Designed to funnel money to Google? What?

The real issue lies in Asus qa / testing of the upgrade. The 101 and 201 upgrade from hc to ics was even worse. I look forward to the 300 owners finishing up their beta testing of ics to JB so my 101 upgrade will hopefully go smooth. But.... even when that upgrade happens I will wait at least a few days to ensure it is not a rinse and repeat of hc to ics.
    You still have faith, eh? Brave, brave soul...

(You're not holding your breath for a tf101 JB update, I trust)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MIM49 View Post
    Do as SkookumPete suggests: download the manual, familiarize yourself with the tablet and give it some time before you so harshly judge it.
    To be fair to the OP, there is no link to or mention of the full manual in the booklet that comes with the tablet.
    Silk likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    35 times
    True, but in these digital times a simple google search with 3 key words (tf330t, manual, download) gives us this link, were you can download the latest firmware (ICS and JB), utilities, source code and the latest version of the full manual in over 40 different languages.
    MikeM likes this.
    A mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times

What is google search? I was bad boy and siri took away my maps and search.

Lol.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SkookumPete View Post
    To be fair to the OP, there is no link to or mention of the full manual in the booklet that comes with the tablet.
    Thank you Pete, for being a decent human being.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2251 times
    Hi silk,

That's very disappointing for you. A couple of things...

1. Don't think that all Android devices are the same. Samsung - just to give one example - have an excellent reputation for the stability of their implementation of Android, which is a fully open source project. They are, however, quite slow at upgrading the versions of Android on their devices. Asus are very fast at upgrades, but are also known for firmware that may be described as "less robust".

2. In my signature there are many links designed to assist new users of Android. I commend them to you. One in particular, linked from the Master Help Guide is [GUIDE] How to update your firmware OTA - incremental changes & full OS updates. which, if followed, may well greatly assist in rectifying your difficulties.

Hope this helps

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times

Hmm... perhaps the original poster would be better served if he/she moved to the iPad ecosystem? It's safe, easy, and you are spoon-fed all of the information.

The TF300T along with others from Samsung, etc., is a great tablet and the Google/Android ecosystem is as complete as Apple's. It does require you to dig a bit more but hey, in return you get a more powerful, multitasking device, which is stable and flexible. As I am known as being "geekish", people often ask me for my suggestions. The first thing I try to do is find out is what type of persons they are. For some, I point them towards the safe and closed Apple world while for others, its to Android.

As for documentation, I do agree with the originator that the switch from printed manuals to on-line versions has been annoying. The same applies to computers where you no longer get restore disks or O/S disks. However, what is provided as a help file on the tablet are the basic instructions on how to get you on-line. Once there, the OEM expects you to download the user manual from their site. Annoying but pretty easy.

Once it's on your tablet, you can access it anytime. The downside is that it's not printed and if your tablet is dead, then so is your manual (I copied it to my phone just in case ;-)

Mind you, although I love this TF300T, I will be getting a Microsoft Surface as it might just be the "next best thing" ;-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Flashfox; 09-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashfox View Post
    Hmm... perhaps the original poster would be better served if he/she moved to the iPad ecosystem? It's safe, easy, and you are spoon-fed all of the information.
    I'm not so sure iOS is safer. Since upgrading to iOS 6, my maps/GPS can no longer find simple things.....like my house.

How can you depend on that?

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    It is so true i just thru tf201 in corner after few months and went to toshiba, in same manner as all droids it had most bang for the buck and all ppl said it will work after a monster truck land on it. So true. So never asus dear fellows never.

Quote Originally Posted by silk View Post
    without any prior experience with android os or a tablet device, i landed on tf300, which did not come with any user's manual or any document that would hel; me getting started. So, much of what i've learned has been from reading off the internet and figuring it out on my own by trial-n-error.

Then came the disastrous update last month from ics to the stupid thing called jelly bean. Ever since jb, flash video stopped working (android 4.x no longer supported)! And many annoying clitches surfaced, including the sudden and frequent restart
    shut down that have been reported by numerous users. Today, the push update from asus got installed but no improvement: The shut down and restart problems persist!

As much as i hate apple for its tyrannic corporate culture, i cannot say i am a fan of android device either, especially not with asus, which provides absolutely no support ever since i bought the tablet. Asus tech support is non existence as far as i am concerned because they never answer the call or email messages.

So, if my friends and co-workers ask me about asus, all i could say to them is change one of the letters of asus to an "n" and never spend money on any asus ever!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads