Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Use tablet to play movies on my TV

This is what I would like to do. Use my Western Digital My Passport portable HD with my AVI movies on and plug it into my tablet and them use my tablet to play the movies on my TV. Or open to an easier way too. Right now I haven't even been able to get my tablet hooked up to my tablet but I know I will need a cable that I don't currently have yet.

Thanks

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorfreak View Post
    I know I will need a cable that I don't currently have yet.
    Hi,

What you need is a micro HDMI to HDMI cable ......
    "Everyone in favour of Telekinesis ... raise my right hand"

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    You could try sreaming them over wifi using mynet if your tv is DLNA enabled, (you will find mynet in your apps folder, tap six squares top right of tab) When you launch mynet you will be asked if you want to connect with other devices tap ok icon...

Most if not all HDTV`s are DLNA enabled, You should find your tab listed on your tv & be able to stream your movies...

How you find your tablet depends on the make of your tv, Mine is listed under viera tools on my panasonic... Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Cattblue; 09-09-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2318 times
    This should be easy Gator...

1. Micro HDMI to HDMI cable
    2. Get MX Player & codecs from the Play Store
    3. Connect you WD to the dock USB
    4. Play your movies in MX

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info. Mynet app not sure what language that is so not sure about that app unless I'm seeing the wrong one.
    Dock USB is that sometype of splitter since I would have mirco hdmi to hdmi for tablet to tv connection but how do I get the portable hard drive connected to the tablet since I only have one port on tablet?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a micro HDMI cable and plugged tablet to tv and my tv menu says PC click on that input and all I get is black screen saying (No signal. Ensure that the external device is turned on and properly connected to the TV's input. Select the source by pressing (INPUT) on the remote. My tv is a Panasonic Viera GT30. I'm wondering if I need to turn something on in tablet. I will start a movie and works on tablet but as soon and hit input on tv no tablet pic and no tv picture.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1053 times
    I remember getting something similar once, I think it was the order of turning on devices.
    Unplug the tablet from the tv--turn both devices off--turn on tv & hook up hdmi--then boot
    up your tablet--then plug in the micro hdmi to the tablet so the tv will recognize it.

At least I think that was the order I followed.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2318 times
    Thanks for the info. Mynet app not sure what language that is so not sure about that app unless I'm seeing the wrong one.
    Dock USB is that sometype of splitter since I would have mirco hdmi to hdmi for tablet to tv connection but how do I get the portable hard drive connected to the tablet since I only have one port on tablet?
    MyNet is a stock Asus app used for DLNA device streaming

If you don't have the keyboard dock, you don't have a USB connection. You'll need to buy the USB adaptor from Asus that connects to tge charging port on your tf300

I bought a micro HDMI cable and plugged tablet to tv and my tv menu says PC click on that input and all I get is black screen saying (No signal. Ensure that the external device is turned on and properly connected to the TV's input. Select the source by pressing (INPUT) on the remote. My tv is a Panasonic Viera GT30. I'm wondering if I need to turn something on in tablet. I will start a movie and works on tablet but as soon and hit input on tv no tablet pic and no tv picture.
    Assuming you have your TV switched to the correct AV input - which will be HDMI1, 2 or 3 - depending on which connection you have plugged it in to. This will NOT be the PC connection, then...

That doesn't sound good. Some Panasonics have been known to have problems with the Asus implementation of HDMI/HDCP & struggle to get connected - failing at the "handshake" stage.
    Last edited by janner43; 09-19-2012 at 02:27 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times

Thumbs up

I have a TV/Monitor from LG, 2450D. It does recognize my tablet, which is connected to the TV using a micro HDMI(TF101) to HDMI(TV). Currently, my problem is LG TV's feature, Clear Voice II. I don't know if this is because of my movie files (AVI) or if this is a problem with HDMI, the movies play well, good image but low dialog audio and if I set Clear Voice II to the max, the dialogs can be heard but it distorts the background music.
    Here's my thread about this issue: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...dio-issue.html

Playing my AVI files on Windows, audio and video are normal, good to see and watch. Same when I watch them on my tablet.
    However, those files have their audio drastically LOW when playing the same files over HDMI from my tablet to my TV. It doesn't happen with all my AVI files but it does happen with all my MKV files. I can't figure out what's going on with those files. So I tried to use ImToo Video Converter to convert my AVI movie files to "Android" AVI files with sound settings maxed out. It does a good job, but I have to set sound volume to the max in order to hear what they're saying. As for my MKV files, the output result is pure frustration. Not only because the playback is laggy, but also because my audio output is ridiculously low, both on my LG TV and my TF101. Say whatever you want, but I believe this has something to do with MX's ARMv7 codec.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    36 times
    I had the same audio problem with some mkv files (mostly tv series). For me the solution was to change the audio channel in MX player. To do this tab the screen and then tab on the dual note sign (uper right corner of the screen) and choose another audio channel (if available).
    A mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads