Like Tree2Likes

Thread: random browser shutdown and reboots

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    1 times
    Sculpted Stylus, thanks for the heads up and hopefully Dr.MightySnake has some thoughts. I can't wait to get this tablet revved up and not have to worry if I'm going to loose everything I was doing at a whim.
    Last edited by JeremiahAtNETNaz; 05-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahAtNETNaz View Post
    Sculpted Stylus, thanks for the heads up and hopefully Dr.MightySnake has some thoughts. I can't wait to get this tablet revved up and not have to worry if I'm going to loose everything I was doing at a whim.

Best Regards,
    Jeremiah Nazaruk
    Sent you an email

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    15 times
    I have had no problems useing the stock browser .the other night i switched to ICS+ browser and thats fine. If i try dophlin hd brower will i lose my book marks
    IPad 4 32 gig iOS 6.1.3

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey there guys, I took my TF300 back to Best Buy and they instantly switched it out without a fuss. I have been using it all last night and today; not one restart or shutdown. Problem solved!!! I was thinking that the defective unit must have had a bad "disk" or "disk controller" because in hindsight; any process that required extensive writing to disk failed such as attempting to install and unpack the Dark Meadow game. The unpacking part is where it always failed. BTW, Dark Meadow is a free game that showcases NVIDIA's processors and GPU.

Thanks guys for all of you help and suggestions!

Jeremiah
    DrMightySnake likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahAtNETNaz View Post
    Hey there guys, I took my TF300 back to Best Buy and they instantly switched it out without a fuss. I have been using it all last night and today; not one restart or shutdown. Problem solved!!! I was thinking that the defective unit must have had a bad "disk" or "disk controller" because in hindsight; any process that required extensive writing to disk failed such as attempting to install and unpack the Dark Meadow game. The unpacking part is where it always failed. BTW, Dark Meadow is a free game that showcases NVIDIA's processors and GPU.

Thanks guys for all of you help and suggestions!

Jeremiah
    Glad its solved , enjoy your TF300

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    With all due respect to all who have suggested things to try , since this my daughter in laws it has to work out of the box as she is not one to fiddle with something, and shouldn't have to. The replacement came from amazon and so far has been much better more responsive and no reboots so far---- we'll see what the next couple of weeks will bring. I am not going to make the same mistake with this as I made with my prime with accepting an imperfection (weak wifi) for the sake of having a cool tablet. By the way , amazon has been great to work with --- 30 day returns, so you can really get to find any potential problems with your purchase ---- I have read the horror stories of the rma process with Asus and would not want to go thru that
    TF201 64gb BCOKAS Grey

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Just to chime in in a general way...

With any purchase, things should work out of the box. Yes there might be some configuring to be done. A couple of hours or so of self help to try to resolve early glitchiness, or to get familar with "how it works", but after that, I would always advise getting a replacement unit. These items are not inexpensive & quality control is not perfect. You paid for a correctly functioning product & that is what you should get.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been having the same problem since purchasing my 300t in May 2012. It just randomly shuts down. How frustrating. I have e-mailed Asus and followed all their suggestions. I went back to using my laptop, but decided the transformer would be easier to take to the hospital when my daughter had surgery at the beginning of Jan 2013. Same thing happened. I sent another e-mail to Asus and they want to do an RMA. I, too, have read the horror stories. DrMightySnake, I certainly could use your help.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times

random browser shutdown and reboots

This is an old thread.

Have a look at this thread:
    [HOW TO] Get Adobe Flash Player & the best browser experience on your tablet

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mom1165 View Post
    I have been having the same problem since purchasing my 300t in May 2012. It just randomly shuts down. How frustrating. I have e-mailed Asus and followed all their suggestions. I went back to using my laptop, but decided the transformer would be easier to take to the hospital when my daughter had surgery at the beginning of Jan 2013. Same thing happened. I sent another e-mail to Asus and they want to do an RMA. I, too, have read the horror stories. DrMightySnake, I certainly could use your help.
    Welcome to the forum

As Frederuco says, above, this is a very old thread now, but the stock browser crashing out is not that unusual.

Here is what you can try...

* Go to settings, apps, all & find the browser
    * Clear cache, clear data, force close (this will delete any bookmarks, so ensure you either back them up or import them into Dolphin browser first)
    * Do a cold boot (process linked in my signature)
    * Read the browser guide thread that Frederuco linked in his post & which I have inked in my signature
    * Install a better browser - I suggest you install Dolphin for general use & Boat Browser for those odd times you might need to visit a Flash enabled website (they are both free & available from the Play Store)

With that advice posted, I am going to close this thread now to prevent others posting & asking questions that might get missed.
    If you want to ask any questions about browsers, please don't hesitate to post in the browser thread that we have pointed you towards.

All the best.

(Closed)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links