Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Just recieved my TF300T with Dock on Tuesday of this week. Got it as an ASUS refurb including the keyboard for $334.99 delivered from WOOT. I haven't owned an Android product before. I come from the iOS world for phones, and Windows for computing so it is taking a bit to get used to, but I like it quite a lot thus far.

I do like this forum as I had read and learned a great deal while waiting for my system to arrive. This place rocks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1051 times
    C'grats mjinks, there are 'stickies' at the top of many sub forums, they will provide you with a ton of info to get the best out of android. The Master Help Guide is also a great bookmark, link is in my signature. Welcome to the boards!
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Just got myself a black 16Gb.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    37 times

Re: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread

Quote Originally Posted by mjinks View Post
    Just recieved my TF300T with Dock on Tuesday of this week. Got it as an ASUS refurb including the keyboard for $334.99 delivered from WOOT. I haven't owned an Android product before. I come from the iOS world for phones, and Windows for computing so it is taking a bit to get used to, but I like it quite a lot thus far.

I do like this forum as I had read and learned a great deal while waiting for my system to arrive. This place rocks.
    I'm sure you're gonna luv it. I tried the other way, I mean, not really the other way, but I tried using an iPhone last year. I just couldn't. I was too used to the freedom Android provides out of the box. Not here saying that one is better then the other, iOS sells like crazy, so it's fit for some people.

But you'll notice some flexibility. The best part, in my case, is the fact that there is no need to use an iTunes-like software on our computer. Windows Explorer will do just fine

And if you're used to share stuff from your computer with your device, it'll be a little different, since you'll not be forced to (although you can) use a software, a file explorer like ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer or any other explorer that have LAN access will access the folders you shared on your computer.

FolderSync can help you sync anything between your phone and your computer, via WiFi, provided you are on the same network or using a cloud service like DropBox, Box or an FTP server, it's quite interesting, you'll see.

Just remember, you have more options now (again, not saying it's better or worse, it totally depends on the user), it can be a little confusing if you're not used to, but keep in mind that Android is more like your Windows computer, you can browse folders, put icons for stuff on your desktop (home screens), you can use mouse and keyboard, can access your network almost like windows do (if not exactly the same way).

It's just the UI, and because of that, the way you use it that makes the interaction a little different, but the principles are there, right click is holding (when provided), one touch is one click, and you have gestures on top of that.

Take a look at the very different Launchers so you can set your home screens the way you want and yes, read all the stickies, lots of very useful information there

Oh! and Welcome to the forum

- Sent from the Future, using my Delorean
    - Enviado do Futuro, usando meu Delorean
    Last edited by mizifih; 02-25-2013 at 04:46 AM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z87M-Plus | i7 4770k + H100i | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
    AMD HD 7970 OC 3GB Corsair 650W | HAF 922 | AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable
    Galaxy Note II | Transformer Pad 300 32GB+Dock+32GB SDHC C10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Yey! Just got my TF300T in blue yesterday from HMV. It works great! VERY HAPPY

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Re: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread

Quote Originally Posted by mjinks View Post

Here's a good article on switching from iOS to Android from Lifehacker.

http://lifehacker.com/5581029/jumpin...m_medium=email

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    We got a TF300 in Nov. and are not doing well adapting from a windows netbook to this at all. Mostly a pain so far but We will keep trying and reading here (on the win pc) e-mail contacts set-up has been a zoo so far.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    bought my blue TF300T in January, during my last trip to USA!!
    $350 at best buy, excellent price compared to brazilian price, cause here this kind of gadget is expensive!!
    BTW, excellent tablet, the best one!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Bought a TF300T this past Tuesday, blue, with dock, for $399 at MicroCenter in St Louis Park. It was their last one.

So far, I like it. This is my first real tablet; I've got a Kindle Paperwhite, but wanted something to view photos and check email.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    After a few years of watching the Android platform grow I am now the proud owner of a TF300T w/docking keyboard. I liked it so much that I let the wife use it a bit when her laptop screen busted and waiting on me to order her a new screen.

She enjoyed it so much that when I stumbled on a deal at an HHGreg for a used one that "had problems" docking keyboard and all for 75 out the door we got it for her. I asked them why it was returned and they said "It won't charge".

I persuaded them to hold the doors open for me a few moments seeing it was closing time to run out to the truck and get my charger. After a few minutes of fiddling and snapping the case back together the charger clicked into place and it started charging. While it was dead it needed a few minutes so I immediately swapped the dock over to my Asus and while the battery was dead in it it recognized the dock and then I put my SD card in and it mounted that so I was sure that this was going to work.

Sure enough I went back to the tablet and it booted right up and the clerk and managers eyes lighted up, I placed the charger on the dock and then the tablet into the dock and once again it recognized, and reported that the dock was charging. I looked up and handed the man 4 X 20 dollar bills and said it has been a pleasure.

Now a week later and her Asus rivals mine on battery life just falling short of mine but still very usable and for 75 Bucks how could I go wrong? Now in the period of 1 week of getting my Asus I now have two, Mine and the wifes.

Anyway I am here to learn and may ask a dumb question seeing this is my first Android ANYTHING, not even a phone. I am picking up quick as it seems pretty intuitive and not that complicated.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Ads