Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post
    ok guys iam so hyped i just ordered my 300 from amazon.com i signed up for free trail for prime shipping and then i payed 4 dollars for over night so i will have it wensday. and the guy on the phone told me i can return it if i dont like it,,
    Congratulations! It sounds as if Amazon may have received a larger shipment than expected.
    anomaly1964 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Tiger Direct has them with a Wednesday ship date. Almost ordered but going to wait until they're in stock.

bgm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    Got it. My UPS man and I are on a first name basis. Unpacked, plugeded it in. Signed on the wireless and google and immediately got a system update that's running now. Don't know what it is. A couple of observations. It's not nearly as blue as the pictures. Much more subdued. I like it. Seems a bit heavier than the prime. Best thing is ... it came with the same cleaning cloth as the prime. More later.
    dinkfeet likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgm View Post
    got it. My ups man and i are on a first name basis. Unpacked, plugeded it in. Signed on the wireless and google and immediately got a system update that's running now. Don't know what it is. A couple of observations. It's not nearly as blue as the pictures. Much more subdued. I like it. Seems a bit heavier than the prime. Best thing is ... It came with the same cleaning cloth as the prime. More later.
    congrats take some pics of it
    IPad 4 32 gig iOS 6.1.3

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    3 times
    Got mine at 10am this morning and so far so good. I ordered from B&H yesterday morning with the Bill Me Later 6mnth special, and got it delivered to my door via airmail for right around $430.

I actually work with Android, but this is my first "real" android tablet as I skipped the last model due to the GPS/WiFi issues. I really haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I did get a quick write up online for one of my sites and a simple picture if anyone wants to take a look. I do plan on doing a full review sometime this weekend. I apologize in advance if links aren't permitted, not plugging our site just using the link a simple pic.

Anywho... I'm THRILLED I finally got one so yay! lol

First Impressions of the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T - Android Apps - Best Android Apps, News and Reviews | Android-Apps.com

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice initial write up on your first impressions. Post a linky when you get the whole review don because I know myself and other would love to read it. My 300 is still "Shipping Soon" through Amazon due to a delay :-(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicfarce View Post
    Nice initial write up on your first impressions. Post a linky when you get the whole review don because I know myself and other would love to read it. My 300 is still "Shipping Soon" through Amazon due to a delay :-(
    Thanks, and I will post a link to it when it's finished. It's going to be fun to do as I usually cover nothing but games, and as a "new" tablet owner I've got a different perspective on things. It also helps that I have to pay for all my own gadgets, we don't get free toys lol. Something I didn't have in the writeup has to do with the screen. It seems to be tough as my dog just stepped on it (60 pounds) with his freshly cut toe nails... didn't leave a scratch but I almost had a heart attack.

I almost bought my from Amazon because of Prime, but heard horror stories about late shipping times and delays last year. That being said, from everything I've been reading (and hearing) Asus shipped a lot out this time around so hopefully you'll get yours within Amazon's 8-9 day window.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    My favorite part of the review is that the alt text for the image is "SAMSUNG" =P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    Thanks, and I will post a link to it when it's finished. It's going to be fun to do as I usually cover nothing but games, and as a "new" tablet owner I've got a different perspective on things. It also helps that I have to pay for all my own gadgets, we don't get free toys lol. Something I didn't have in the writeup has to do with the screen. It seems to be tough as my dog just stepped on it (60 pounds) with his freshly cut toe nails... didn't leave a scratch but I almost had a heart attack.

I almost bought my from Amazon because of Prime, but heard horror stories about late shipping times and delays last year. That being said, from everything I've been reading (and hearing) Asus shipped a lot out this time around so hopefully you'll get yours within Amazon's 8-9 day window.
    Speaking of that screen...apparently the first Transformer had a more sensitive screen, so trying to do something like take notes with a stylus worked a bit better. This is the ONE thing that I hope giving up the IPS+ (from the Prime) has "fixed" as the Prime was awful at screen interaction when writing.

In your review/playing can you check that?

Also curious if the micro memory card goes flush in the case, or if it sticks out a bit (it stuck out a bit on the Prime).

If you got the dock, the only other "thing" I'd be interested in is how top heavy the set up is. In other words, with the screen docked is there a tendency for it to flip backwards...or is it weighted better so that you don't have to worry about it so much.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Did anyone receive there pad from Amazon? I pre-ordered and am still waiting for them to ship it as it says "Shipping Soon" still. I'm thinking about canceling my order as I found a store nearby that I can pick one up today and avoid all this BS through Amazon.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads