Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Pad 300" thread

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Office Depot link is down, and it looks like Amazon as well. I'm going to head to BB Sunday and see if I have any luck. Otherwise I'll just order it off Amazon when it shows up again. Looking for a blue one.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    29 times
    With very liberal return policies and a network of Warehouse stores, Costco makes returns very easy. While Amazon doesn't have as liberal a return policy or a network of local stores, I have always found it easy to return items to Amazon.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    About Amazon's return policy...I also have found it to be very easy, however I just noticed on the Asus Transformer 300 page it states:
    Quote Originally Posted by amazon
    Amazon.com Returns Policies: You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
    This isn't a computer or netbook...technically...but from Amazon's perspective is it? Because if so, Best Buy has a 30-day return period with no restock. The Amazon return policy reads like it's not returnable unless it's DOA.

bgm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    About Amazon's return policy...I also have found it to be very easy, however I just noticed on the Asus Transformer 300 page it states:

This isn't a computer or netbook...technically...but from Amazon's perspective is it? Because if so, Best Buy has a 30-day return period with no restock. The Amazon return policy reads like it's not returnable unless it's DOA.
    Amazon had the same disclaimer on the Transformer Prime. I returned mine with no problems for defects. It wasn't DOA.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    With very liberal return policies and a network of Warehouse stores, Costco makes returns very easy. While Amazon doesn't have as liberal a return policy or a network of local stores, I have always found it easy to return items to Amazon.
    +1 for the Costco mention. I wonder if they'll get it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    The pre-order from Amazon for $399 came back up for a short period of time...so I snagged one and paid $4 extra for one day shipping through Prime. Estimated Delivery on 4/24. This will be my first ASUS tablet and I am very excited. I'll post more once it arrives.

Also, just looked back on Amazon, and it is back to displaying the 300 from a 3rd party (Spicy Bomb), but it looks like they dropped their own price to $453 + shipping...

Cheers!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't use Amazon too much, and it currently says that it "usually ships between 8 to 9 days."

I'm just not sure where to buy it from. I really want one now (refer to this topic), including the keyboard dock. I can buy it online, but if I end up not liking it, I'll have to ship it back, which involves paying for shipping. On the other hand, I can buy it locally at a store, but I'll have to pay for tax as well as the gas money from the actual drive. If I were to purchase it online, it'd probably be from Newegg.

Still too many choices .

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    29 times
    Technically a tablet is a computer but I'm confident that Amazon would accept the return of a TF300 without a restocking fee for any valid reason, such as a product defect, as long as the tablet is returned within 30 days in the original packaging.

Costco carries one of the ASUS ultrabooks but has not carried the TF101 or TF201 so I'd be surprised to see them carry the TF300.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Amazon has it back on the menu as a regular order, but shipping time says 8-9 days. Amazon.com: ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue): Computers & Accessories

I just bought the keyboard on Amazon. Again, you have to click the '3 new from $149' to see the Amazon Prime offering. It says out of stock but lets you order anyway so you get in on the next batch.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
    Last edited by KenSanDiego; 04-23-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    16 times
    ok guys iam so hyped i just ordered my 300 from amazon.com i signed up for free trail for prime shipping and then i payed 4 dollars for over night so i will have it wensday. and the guy on the phone told me i can return it if i dont like it,,

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads