Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Boot problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been having trouble understanding what do to with the adb and fastboot screen.

I have gotten to this page but I'm really at a loss as to what to do next.

ADB.png

I think I have downloaded all the drivers onto my PC. But I'm not even sure about that.

I'm getting frustrated with it. It might be best for me to step away for awhile and come back to it later.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    always a good idea to take a break if you're getting frustrated, but you're doing good, you got Minimal adb fastboot installed.
    What you are looking at is a command window. Android devices have a low leven protocol installed that is called fastboot. You use it to perform certain tasks on a device when you can't boot it into the OS. So you have it on the tablet already and it is active when you are on the screen with the three icons. The tiny script reads: Starting USB fastboot protocol.
    Think of fastboot as a mini repair utility that is installed on the tablet. you just have to connect to it so that you can use it to execute certain commands.
    On the PC side you need to install the drivers and another tiny utility that is able to communicate with fastboot on the tablet. You did both.
    Next time you feel up to it boot the tablet into the bootloader. That is the screen with the 3 icons where fastboot is active. Then connect it via USB cable to a USB port on your PC. Use a port that has a direct connection to the motherboard (typically on the back of your PC) instead of a port in the front or in your monitor. And do not use USB hubs or such, you want the connection to be as direct as possible.
    You should hear the USB "ding" from Windows, a sign that it found a new device and is connecting to it. You can also check it in Device Manager. Open it up and connect/disconnect the tablet. Report if you see a new device in there.
    Next is to test the connection.
    In that command window you posted and with the tablet connected in fastboot mode type:
    fastboot devices
    hit enter
    If you get no return we have to troubleshoot your fastboot connection. What you should get is something like:
    0123455abcdfg fastboot
    If you see something like that the fastboot connection is working and we can go to the next step.

Sent from my TF700T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by droidbound; 01-30-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried again tonight to install the Asus but didn't have any success.

At this point, I am beginning to think it can't be restored--or at least that I can't do it.

I checked in the control panel and it shows that the ASUS Android UDB Drivers are installed. I opened up the Device Manager but was not able to locate them on there. So I guess I really don't know if they are installed or not.

In the Guide, it says "Let's assume everything is good." But I really didn't know what to do when things aren't good. I'm thinking that maybe I should change my name from "notsure" to "no_clue." That's probably the biggest problem with the device.354FD8AA-603B-4E85-9CBB-29A25900D040.jpeg

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    I tried again tonight to install the Asus but didn't have any success.

At this point, I am beginning to think it can't be restored--or at least that I can't do it.

I checked in the control panel and it shows that the ASUS Android UDB Drivers are installed. I opened up the Device Manager but was not able to locate them on there. So I guess I really don't know if they are installed or not.

In the Guide, it says "Let's assume everything is good." But I really didn't know what to do when things aren't good. I'm thinking that maybe I should change my name from "notsure" to "no_clue." That's probably the biggest problem with the device.354FD8AA-603B-4E85-9CBB-29A25900D040.jpeg
    If you want I can try to fix it for you in a TeamViewer session. Send me a private message if you're willing to try it. We'll need to set up a time probably during the weekend, so include your time zone. On the meantime download and install the TeamViewer software

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    New tricks, DB? Haven't heard of TeamViewer before. My two cents' worth: this is a driver problem. Do you still maintain a list of d/l sites for Windows drivers? Switching to Linux at this point I think would just muddy the waters.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    Not really new tricks - that's how I help family members when they get stuck with something. Easier than travelling 8000 miles
    helpifIcan likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    Hey @notsure! I think I just found out where the problem is! I reflashed my Nexus tonight and ran into a Windows problem I completely forgot about. Stupid Windows 10 keeps "updating" your fastboot driver even if you set it to never auto update any drivers. And it keeps installing an incompatible fastboot driver. Open Device Manager with the tablet attached in fastboot mode. If you see "Kedacom Android Bootloader Interface" anywhere in the device tree - that's the pesky problem!
    right click that entry, select Update Driver, select "Browse my computer for software", then "Let me pick from a list..", then capture a screenshot from the result and show me which drivers the system sees. If I have time tonight I try to recreate the problem and add screenshots, but now I got the correct driver installed and could use fastboot with no problem. What you want to see is "Android Devcie >Android Bootloader Interface" in Device Manager. driver.PNG

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Hate to say I told you so, but.... Oh yeah, I don't hate it, I love gloating! But glad you found it, DB, even if it's too late for @notsure. I'm afraid he abandoned the project. While I'm on a roll, want to bet there's some politics involved in that update you can't turn off?
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    Hate to say I told you so, but.... Oh yeah, I don't hate it, I love gloating! But glad you found it, DB, even if it's too late for @notsure. I'm afraid he abandoned the project. While I'm on a roll, want to bet there's some politics involved in that update you can't turn off?
    I have no idea what kind of politics you think may be involved here, but yeah, yeah, yeah,
    You are right.
    Windows is driving me up the walls more and more and I'm taking another stab at Linux. I finally found Linux compatible financial software that fulfills two must haves:
    a) I can import about 14 years worth of data (of which I really only need the last 5, but wth)
    b) it does what I want it to do in a bearable UI (I think - haven't got to reports yet...)
    It's called Gnu Cash if anybody is interested...

So what Linux version again do you recommend for a newb?
    Probably will run it as a dual boot first I think....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links