Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

New to the game - flashing a new rom

I am attempting to follow these steps but am stuck at flashing the blob file. A coworker installed Marshmallow on my TF300T but something got corrupted. I am able to get to the flashboot screen. I unzipped the Asus firmware twice and put it in my minimal adb folder. When I type in the command to flash it, CMD is saying cannot load blob. Am I supposed to rename it blob.blob? Thanks.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    696 times
    No, don't rename it. Post your cmd window we can see what's going on. Are you running Windows as administrator?
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I am running Windows as an admin. I have never flashed a rom on a tablet before so I am trying to salvage this one. Thanks for the help.

blob error.jpg
    Last edited by daddyo; 09-24-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, any thoughts on this? I am able to follow the steps until I have to flash the blob file which is stored in the minimal adb folder. I have made several attempts but it keeps saying, error: cannot load blob. Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I was trying to follow these directions with Windows 10 but the blob file would not load. I also use Linux Mint 17.3 and was able to find it right away with that. I also attempted to use the puppy linux from Kevinthefixer but there was an error on bootup and it would not load. My google info is syncing right now on the tablet and if I am daring enough I will attempt to follow one of the tutorials and use Linux Mint to flash a new rom. Do you have any suggestions as the most stable rom to use? thanks.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    696 times
    Well, congrats on getting it done. Windows....
    You can use Linux Mint to flash a recovery to the tablet, preferably TWRP, and then you flash the rom in TWRP. You cannot flash a rom from the computer - well, actually you kinda can, but you shouldn't..
    If you need some pointers on that check out the Beginners Guide linked in my signature. It has all the details.
    The best current roms for this tablet are by timduru. Any of his Katkiss roms are great, no matter if you choose the Kitkat, Marshmallow or Nougat version. I'm partial to Katshmallow, but that really is personal preference.
    Install one of them, set it up and run it for a while. Then shoot a nandroid backup and install another one. Rinse and repeat. Switch between them by simply restoring the nandroid.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    325 times
    Couple things: First, @daddyo, your quickie profile there says you have a tf300, yet here you are in the 700 section. You're sure you got the right files for the right tablet? second, the Puppy I put together is just plain outdated, and I don't think I'm going to bother with it anymore. The ADB and Fastboot utilities are available for just about any common Linux distro now, from the heavy hitters like Debian and Ubuntu down through Linux Mint and Arch (BTW my daily driver these days is Linux Mint Debian Edition). So I recommend you use whatever Linux distro you're most comfortable with and install those utilities. If anyone wants a minimal distro to start with, I'd recommend the Raspberry Pi Foundation's version of Debian with their own desktop environment. They ported it to x86 architecture just for me personally. Well, and a few others with similar manias. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fastboot and adb into the TFs with a Raspberry Pi.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Fighting with Pico-Gapps

A coworker flashed Marshmallow and Gapps on my TF300T earlier this year but something got corrupted and it was stuck in boot loop. I installed the blob file from the Asus site and installed the newest version of TWRP. I put Katshmallow, Gapps and Supersu on my microsd card and installed them one at a time. Then I did the wipe dalvik cache and booted into Marshmallow. The problem I am having is that the Google apps will not install or download to said tablet. This is my first time doing this and the whole thing has been trial and error. In fact, I accidentally originally installed the Japanese firmware from Asus. That was a good time. The tablet is trying to download apps and is stuck on 2 of whatever apps. Can someone please give me some suggestions to get the apps going? Do I need to try Lollipop instead? Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by daddyo; 10-02-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    696 times
    Lollipop is not going to make a difference. Do you have a wifi connection? Can you use Gmail, the browser, your Google account is setup and active?
    Did you try cancelling the automatic download and install apps one by one?
    If all of that checks out reflash rom and gapps, wipe dalvik and reboot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Being this is my first time I am following your instructions but am winging it. Does it matter if the tablet is rooted because I thought it was but just discovered that it is not. I have reflashed the rom and gapps several times. Here is another tidbit - when I check the box for zip verification, it fails every time and it won't verify the md5 sum. Another weird thing is that my tablet is on the google play website twice - not sure if that matters. If I try to download an app manually, I get either the 963 or 907 error. Thanks for writing back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links