Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rooted TF300T is continually rebooting into TWRP...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Rooted TF300T is continually rebooting into TWRP...

I think I know the answer, but am in denial at the moment!

I have an Asus TF300T. It's unlocked (via the official Asus process) and rooted. It's had a few different custom firmware's over the last couple of years. The last one was done in April...

TWRP 3.0.2-0 installed, Formatted data to f2fs, Installed KatKiss 6.0.1 CFW (Marshmallow)

It all worked fine for about three weeks, and then suddenly it rebooted when I was in the middle of something (playing a game I think) and has been stuck in a boot loop ever since, going from the ASUS screen, to four penguins (saying "3.XXXXXX [elan]detect intr=>OldFW" where the value of XXXXXX is different every time) to the teamwin 3.0.2-0 boot screen.

Sometimes it gets stuck on the teamwin screen so I have to reboot. Other times it shows the teamwin screen and then reboots on its own. Nothing I press seems to make any difference.

FWIW I have tried this with and without a microSD card in the tablet, with and without the keyboard dock and with and without a memory card inserted into the keyboard. It makes no difference.

So, I suspect this is 'bricked' as I cannot get to the TWRP options. All I can do is let the battery run flat as I can't even turn it off. I've tried leaving it on the teamwin screen (when it stays on it) for a few hours, hoping that it might eventually reach the options screen, but no such luck.

What I need is a definitive step-by-step process of what to try first. I'm not sure what I can do, as I doubt the TF300T is ever in a state that would allow communication with it. It doesn't respond to power+vol-down on a reboot. It just goes into the same boot-loop every time.

Any (polite!) suggestions welcome! :-)

Thanks,

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Check if you get an adb connection when it is on the TWRP splash screen. If you do there could be a way to save it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Apologies for not replying sooner.

If I catch it between the Linux 4 penguins and the TWRP splash screen, then ADB is communicating with the TF300T. I have been able to do 'adb reboot bootloader' and have successfully got to the screen that shows the options 'RCK', 'Android' or 'Wipe Data'. However, selecting (using 'Volume UP') any of these options returns me to the same boot-loop I've been experiencing lately.

What adb commands do I need to run?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Fixed! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Richyh View Post
    Apologies for not replying sooner.

If I catch it between the Linux 4 penguins and the TWRP splash screen, then ADB is communicating with the TF300T. I have been able to do 'adb reboot bootloader' and have successfully got to the screen that shows the options 'RCK', 'Android' or 'Wipe Data'. However, selecting (using 'Volume UP') any of these options returns me to the same boot-loop I've been experiencing lately.

What adb commands do I need to run?
    Hi,

Solved it myself. I used 'fastboot' to erase 'recovery' (and a few other things) and then installed TWRP again using 'fastboot' and then installed a Custom ROM from there. Fingers crossed its now back up and running after a few months out of commission. Phew! Suggesting 'adb' was the key to getting it all working again, so thanks! :-)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Could have been easier if you said you had fastboot!
    Good job reanimating it!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times

Same issue, adb erratic and no fastboot

Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Check if you get an adb connection when it is on the TWRP splash screen. If you do there could be a way to save it

So my TF300T continuously connects and reboots. It goes from the asus boot straight to the teamwin splash screen. When the teamwin splash screen is showing I can do "adb devices" and get:

015d2d42454c2413 recovery

This last until it automatically reboots.

When I try "adb reboot recovery" it doesn't do anything.

when I try "adb reboot 015d2d42454c2413" it gives an error : "protocol fault (no status)" ; might be from automatically rebooting?

"Fastboot devices" never shows any device. I had just installed the Katkiss rom with gapps, it had booted, but the setup wizard kept erroring out, which was specified that it would because its not totally compatible with 7.1.2. I kept trying to enable wireless manually like the instructions stated, but it still errored out. Then after sitting for a minute I came back and it had rebooted into the boot loop.

So, that is my story. Is there anything I can do?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Yes, this should be salvageable. It sounds suspiciously as if you used Wipe Data from the bootloader somewhere in there... Did you?
    Can you boot into the bootloader and select RCK from there to enter recovery?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times

bootloop

Yes, this should be salvageable. It sounds suspiciously as if you used Wipe Data from the bootloader somewhere in there... Did you?
    Can you boot into the bootloader and select RCK from there to enter recovery?
    I previously was using the CrombiKK ROM. I then put on the 2.8.7 TWRP suggested by the Katkiss ROM. Did a full wipe. Changed /data back to F2FS. Then I flashed the katkiss ROM, flashed SuperSU, flashed Gapps ARM 7.1 PICO, wiped cache/dalvik, and rebooted. It came up after a bit and presented the setup wizard which kept crashing, but the ROM instructions said to expect this and that I just needed to manually turn on WIFI. I hit the wifi icon and it said wifi enabled, but still kept crashing the wizard. Eventually I left it for a minute or so and when I came back it had rebooted and would come up in the RCK screen, but any option just led to a reboot, not recovery. I may have chose the wipe data option in desperation after I couldn't get it to boot right. I thought it might have to do with the Gapps thing and that wiping the date would allow it to start over. That may have been when it started the loop. Now, when I hold power and Vol- it just reboots, shows the asus logo, blinks, and then goes straight to the teamwin splash screen, it never shows the RCK menu anymore. One time it stuck on the splash screen but usually it just keeps rebooting. I hear it initialize the usb port each time the teamwin screen comes up and then drop it when it reboots. Its when the teamwin screen comes up that I can do the adb devices and get a response, but the adb reboot recovery just hangs.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Thought so
    Don't worry, there are a couple of ways to fix this. Hang tight, I'm at work now, will be back later.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times

Standing By.....

Thought so
    Don't worry, there are a couple of ways to fix this. Hang tight, I'm at work now, will be back later.
    Appreciate it! Standing By!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links